Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Beautiful Game Screenshots

Talvieno wrote:$400? Yeah, no thanks, I'll stick to something that can do many times more for less than twice the price. (A PC)
A $200 PC ($300 nzd) is barely capable of doing anything game related at all.
A PC for the same price as the PS4, doesnt quite match the performance.

Consoles are good, specifically for the low end of gamers who just want to play a game.
PCs are good for those who will spend much more to eek out all the performance they can get.

Fo4 for instance wont run on any PC for $400 USD new.
It'll however run (if not ideally) on a PS4.

Shrug, people have bad images of consoles killing the market, they dont. They are just the lowest common denominator.
What kills the market is people being paid to make a game available *ONLY* for one device.
If every game ran on every device, and you paid for it once and could play it on anything, a lot more people would buy a lot more games and devices.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

I said "many times more" for "less than twice", not "the same" for "less than half". :ghost: I can't do my job on a PS4, but I can on a PC. A $750 PC will get you not only running Fallout 4, but you can use all sorts of other software too. Not only that, but your typical $750 PC of today has far more hard drive space - at least twice that of a PS4. (especially if custom-built - you get more bang for your buck that way.)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:I said "many times more" for "less than twice", not "the same" for "less than half". :ghost: I can't do my job on a PS4, but I can on a PC. A $750 PC will get you not only running Fallout 4, but you can use all sorts of other software too. Not only that, but your typical $750 PC of today has far more hard drive space - at least twice that of a PS4. (especially if custom-built - you get more bang for your buck that way.)
The qualifier for 'many times more' here being 'not necessarily game-related.' Certainly a $750 PC won't get you playing games with better graphics than HZD

Talvieno wrote:I said "many times more" for "less than twice", not "the same" for "less than half". :ghost: I can't do my job on a PS4, but I can on a PC. A $750 PC will get you not only running Fallout 4, but you can use all sorts of other software too. Not only that, but your typical $750 PC of today has far more hard drive space - at least twice that of a PS4. (especially if custom-built - you get more bang for your buck that way.)
Oh misread then :3

However you are wrong about the disk, PS4s now are typically 500Gb or 1TB, it was only the VERY first run that has 250GB (I got one of those)
However you can still upgrade it easily, it's just a HDD. (can even put a fast SSD in)
So disk compares the same.

Technically, *if* you can jailbreak it, any of the latest gen consoles are running intel chipsets, so you could do anything on them you wanted. But yeah, these are RAW gaming devices (also usually do media too, but we can mostly ignore that feature)
You buy them to have something cheap and fast to throw down to game on.
If you want a work machine, you can get one the same price as a console, and a console. and do better than a single device twice the price of the console. (except for rendering, but most people dont do rendering, tal your weird like that) :V

Also what Scytale said.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Scytale wrote:
The qualifier for 'many times more' here being 'not necessarily game-related.' Certainly a $750 PC won't get you playing games with better graphics than HZD
http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productd ... 2483287194

$749 Dell

16 GB dual channel RAM (compared to PS4's 8)
2 TB HDD (compared to PS4's 0.5)
GPU: AMD Radeon™ HD R9 360 2GB GDDR5 (which is very good, unfortunately PS4's GPU is listed as "unspecified")
6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-6700 Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.00 GHz) (compared to PS4's "jaguar", which is 1.6 up to 2.1 Ghz, 2M cache )

That out of the way, Dell sucks and is overpriced. Never buy a Dell. You could get something with much more quality if you custom-built.

Bam. Your move, gentlemen.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Scytale wrote:
http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productd ... 2483287194

$749 Dell

16 GB dual channel RAM (compared to PS4's 8)
2 TB HDD (compared to PS4's 0.5)
GPU: AMD Radeon™ HD R9 360 2GB GDDR5 (which is very good, unfortunately PS4's GPU is listed as "unspecified")
6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-6700 Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.00 GHz) (compared to PS4's "jaguar", which is 1.6 up to 2.1 Ghz, 2M cache )

That out of the way, Dell sucks and is overpriced. Never buy a Dell. You could get something with much more quality if you custom-built.

Bam. Your move, gentlemen.
The performance of that GPU is comparable to the GTX 560 to 760 level NVIDIA cards which would not be able to handle HZD at all. See https://www.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu ... OEM/review. I have doubts about that processor too but I don't have time to do comparison with PS4 processors atm.

From what I recall the PS4 has multiple GPUs? But I may be wrong.

PS4 GPU info after a single glance.
The PS4 GPU is codenamed Pitcairn and is basically a cut down variant of the Radeon 7870. It has a fairly high SP count and is clocked reasonably high too. The GPU has access to 8GB of Shared GDDR5 memory clocked a 1375 Mhz (5500 Mhz effective) and boasts throughput of upto 176 GB/s. Pitcairn has a 256 Bit bus which is quite reasonable for a GPU of this tier.
src:http://wccftech.com/playstation-4-vs-xb ... benchmark/

Tal, mind forking us off into a different thread?
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Silverware wrote: Technically, *if* you can jailbreak it, any of the latest gen consoles are running intel chipsets,
Except those are from AMD not Intel :ghost:
x86 spec, so intel for all intents and purposes :3
Fuck I hate that intel screwed the world over with that...
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Silverware wrote: x86 spec, so intel for all intents and purposes :3
frak I hate that intel screwed the world over with that...
Except it being AMD64 spec not x86 :ghost:
Isnt that just x86, but rebranded?
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Online Now