Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Facts and Opinions

Scytale wrote:
DigitalDuck wrote:This settles the matter.
So "Limit Theory will not be out in 2017" is an opinion until 1 January 2018, when it's either wrong or a fact?
This is what I did state earlier was it not?

Duck is just confirming my biases. :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
Scytale wrote:
DigitalDuck wrote:This settles the matter.
So "Limit Theory will not be out in 2017" is an opinion until 1 January 2018, when it's either wrong or a fact?
This is what I did state earlier was it not?

Duck is just confirming my biases. :D
It's what you said, but what we were debating was testability, because the other guy insisted that testability is the defining characteristic of opinions.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:I'd say the difference between opinion and fact is the testability. at the time of making the statement

"Limit theory will be out at 31.12.2017" is an opinion until its that date and it becomes testable.

When its not testable at the time of statement its an opinion.
It's testable because Josh is testing this right now.

Scytale wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:I'd say the difference between opinion and fact is the testability. at the time of making the statement

"Limit theory will be out at 31.12.2017" is an opinion until its that date and it becomes testable.

No, Just is not actually testing the releasbility, it is testing the viability of an eventual release. :V
Once he releases it, he will have tested the releasability
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
Scytale wrote:

No, Just is not actually testing the releasbility, it is testing the viability of an eventual release. :V
Once he releases it, he will have tested the releasability
...let's move on

Online Now