Things are progressing smoothly. I've discovered a number of new bugs, and am working hard to fix them. If all goes well, as I'm hoping, I should be able to start kicking out major progress towards the final version soon. Over the past couple of days I've managed to get out 100 new lines story text (think around 4k words) into her files. Most of the updates were to do with upgrading your hull, combat training with other people, and infamy-based self-actions. While all classes have their own infamy choice lines now, researcher is probably my favorite, because by the end of the game they can go full-on mad scientist.
There's a whole new list of mad scientist projects they can take on. (Or, "mad engineer", as some would have me put it.
Most notably, I suppose, I've fixed bugs where Taiya would drop the game on disconnect, and (hopefully) fixed a major threading-related bug.
Taiya currently has 4410 lines of code, total, in her RPG... and it's only going to continue expanding from here. It'll be her single largest feature by a great deal... but I figure it ought to be worth it in the end. I'm learning a great deal about game balance and dealing with user feedback from this, and getting a lot of coding knowledge from it too.
Patched since last update (ver 0.23.11):
Total game progress: approximately 82% Complete (+5% fixes)Current verision: 0.23.13
- Added a list list of "prank items".
- Added a list of "doomsday devices".
- Taiya will now properly report ties from winning.
- Taiya will now show who caused a specific death, if applicable.
- Fixed a weird garden gnome bug Cuisinart8 found.
- Taiya will no longer drop games if disconnected midgame.
- Fixed a bug which was preventing five separate With actions from ever being presented.
- Fixed a bug where Taiya wasn't implementing self-action friendship correctly.
- Fixed it so that taiya will finally let you start games from #LTRPG.
- Found and (hopefully) fixed an obscure threading problem causing Taiya to freeze games.
- Fixed a major typo in the lookup/show info segments.
- Made it so that the "argument" With action won't show up as much for friendly characters.
- Show Info's "Masterful" is now "Perfect"
Current game VersionID = IsComplete. (PercentageTowardsCompletion - 75) * 3.33 .PatchUpdateCount
0.0.1 is first
0.50.x is halfway done
1.0.x is released
Star system info: Complete
Save file and loading: Complete
Explaining first turn option: Complete
Entering starting stats: Complete
Turn timers: Complete
Making requests: Complete
Option staggering: Complete
End-turn output to players: Complete
Endgame "win" messages: Complete
Wrapping up and closing game: Complete
Player "loss" messages: Complete
Finishing the turn: Complete
Explaining second turn option: Complete
End-of-turn calculations: Complete
Responding to requests: Complete
Storytext, minimal: Complete
Basic AI: Complete
Alpha testing: Complete
End-turn output to main channel (including scoring and scrambling): Complete
Winning the game: Complete
Money calculation: Complete
Quitting the game: Complete
Abandoning the game: Complete
Game initialization: Complete
Player elimination (losing early): Complete
Renaming ships: Complete
"lookup" feature: Complete (fixed mistype)
Getting character info: Complete (fixed mistype)
First turn option: Complete (fixed a bug)
RPG Threading: Complete (fixed a bug)
Joining new game: Complete (fixed bugs)
Second turn option: Complete (fixed bugs)
Storytext, optimal: Started
Adaptive AI: Started
Beta testing: Started
Rebalance for human players: Started
High scores: Started
Midpoint class change: Not started
Switching nicks: Not started
Long-term analysis: Not started
Special game events: Not started
Making Taiya detect who is actually in #LTRPG: Not started
storytext: 545 lines (+100)
file length: 1346 lines (+289)
percentage of file that is storytext: 33%
percentage of optimum complete: 11% (+3%)