Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Random Sad Thread

Detritus wrote:
JanB1 wrote:
Detritus wrote:Random Sad: I don't even feel like posting images to make me feel better. :(
What happened to you? :o
Life, the universe, and... everything, really.
:(

I'm sad and a little concerned to hear that. If you're really feeling very down and this is not just a temporal thing, please reach out to someone who can help you! I don't like this sad Det and it scares me a little. :cry:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

JanB1 wrote:I'm sad and a little concerned to hear that. If you're really feeling very down and this is not just a temporal thing, please reach out to someone who can help you! I don't like this sad Det and it scares me a little. :cry:
Well, given the circumstances, I am pretty sure I won't feel down when I am a bit older. :ghost:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Detritus wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:31 am
JanB1 wrote:I'm sad and a little concerned to hear that. If you're really feeling very down and this is not just a temporal thing, please reach out to someone who can help you! I don't like this sad Det and it scares me a little. :cry:
Well, given the circumstances, I am pretty sure I won't feel down when I am a bit older. :ghost:
Why that?
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

JanB1 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:50 pm
Detritus wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:31 am
Why that?
I iz a teeeeen age kiddo bum right now. :ghost:

And later, when I iz a wee li'l bit older, I will not be a teeeeen age kiddo bum then. :ghost:
I am Groot.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:

JanB1 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:44 am
Detritus wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:39 pm
I iz a teeeeen age kiddo bum right now. :ghost:

And later, when I iz a wee li'l bit older, I will not be a teeeeen age kiddo bum then. :ghost:
Yeeeaaah...riiight...
Teen hormones do the raaaaging chaaaanging thiiiing. :ghost:

Unless you mean to say I will feel not-so-happy for my whole life!? :o :ghost:
I am Groot.

Baile nam Fonn wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:35 pm
Just lost my new welding job.

Quality, good. Speed, not so much. :(
:( and they aren't willing to work with you to get the speed up? That sucks,
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Talvieno wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:50 pm
Aw, Baile :( I never imagined they'd fire you. You enjoyed that job so much, too. That's just stupid. They should've given you time and training to improve your speed.

:(
Yeah, my brother is extremely annoyed with their management right now .. wildly unrealistic expectations with wrt allotted job times as well as training duration, even more so in the programming/bending machine side of things than in welding.
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Possible, yeah. Ethnic bias is not unheard of among these guys.
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, though; their economic situation may have changed suddenly (there were some indicators to suggest this in recent weeks) such that the cost of training was no longer considered viable.
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Online Now