A Dream Game

So, I'm a big fan of the Warhammer 40k series, big space battle, supersoldiers, vicious aliens, what's not to like really. I was thinking of what an awesome game you could make if you had the time and procedural technology, something that implemented massive space battles and fleets and huge ships, (seeing as WH40k commonly has ships over 10km long) although some scaling down would likely be necessary :P

But also something that implemented seamless planetary integration, something where you could play as a space marine or a primarch and take to the ground with your tanks and soldiers and titans and air/orbital support and wreak havoc upon your foes. I think if there was ever a game like that, where you could leave the battle in space to your AI if you wished and take the fight to the ground, with some amazing in depth combat that would be absolutely spectacular. You build the models with algorithms(I'm sure that'd be really hard I know) and have random generated things you can add to them almost like the ship builder Josh has, with thousands of variable armour and weapon types procedurally generated, use the scalar fields for melee combat so lets say you hit a certain object or body part with a hammer it'd be crushed inwards, or an axe would slice through it. Something like that sort of depth would be ridiculously complex but it'd be amazing to play. The ultimate game, 1st or 3rd person shooter/melee/psyker game where you can also control ships and tanks and planes and fleets and armies. Yeah, one day I'd like a game like that, doubt I'll ever see one but you never know I guess :P

Anyone else have a dream game?
The enemy of my enemy dies next.

Online Now