Return to “Everything & Anything”

Equipment Viewed with Starry Eyes

Here you may post various pieces of tech/equipment that you want for your computer/electronic gizmo. :squirrel: It can be either something you plan to get soon, or are looking at, thinking, "If only my income were doubled, I could get that Unobtanium Thingy!" :ghost:

I will start off with a joystick that I plan to get two of in 2017.
Thrustmaster T.16000m

And just for the heck of it, something I will never be able to afford until it's totally outdated. :monkey:
GTX 1080 FTW. :lol:

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick
Re: Equipment Viewed with Starry Eyes

IronDuke wrote: And just for the heck of it, something I will never be able to afford until it's totally outdated. :monkey:
GTX 1080 FTW. :lol:
And here I thought I was having dreams of grandeur looking at the Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will be getting this lil thing in the next month or 2 . . . Assuming, of course, that they got it in stock.
And because of a hilarious coincidence, or the hand of fate :ghost:, that means I'll be going from a 460 GTX to an RX 480 :monkey:

Victor Tombs wrote:I'm not sure if a system build qualifies but this is the one that gets my juices flowing. :angel:

8Pack Supernova
:shock: Holy... :wtf: That thing costs more than I thought possible for a computer. Heh, you could probably run a triple monitor setup at 4k with that thing. At 120hz. :shifty:
*is avaricious*
*is also povertous* :ghost:

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

x-65-f joystick

kings assembly
I just love the idea, but its 500 bucks in a farking preorder (on their homepage) and i wont order such hardware without reviews
Victor Tombs wrote:I'm not sure if a system build qualifies but this is the one that gets my juices flowing. :angel:

8Pack Supernova
Only 16GB RAM and somewhere between double and triple the sum component price.
Nnnnope :ghost:

Cornflakes_91 wrote:x-65-f joystick

kings assembly
I just love the idea, but its 500 bucks in a farking preorder (on their homepage) and i wont order such hardware without reviews

8Pack Supernova
Only 16GB RAM and somewhere between double and triple the sum component price.
Nnnnope :ghost:
With that kind of price tag you can request any changes you would/could want to the spec, Cornflakes. I'm using the title of the thread seriously. I'd like to have one but no way would I pay that sort of price for a gaming rig. I don't care how good Ian Parry is at his specialty. That's like burning money. :mrgreen:

You should know me better than that. ;) :angel:

IronDuke wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote: You should know me better than that. ;) :angel:
Apparently we don't. :ghost: You seem to have a reputation for tossing money at shiny things. Today is actually the first time I've noticed you call something too expensive. :monkey:

--IronDuke
It is too expensive, IronDuke, but more than that it's a poor investment. how long does such technology hold its value? I do collect shiny things but I usually have an eye on their future value. Anything in that price bracket needs to be an appreciating asset. ;) :angel:

I admit with much less pricey items I have been known to give into my whims or feelings of largesse. I did that with the $300 Vanduul Scythe. I didn't like it on release. Few wanted it. It was selling like burnt hot cakes. I took pity on CIG as they needed the money...badly. I've been offered substantially more than $300 for it recently. :)

On the other hand, I've given a number of gifts to members on this forum. Some of them were quite expensive. I was paid back with appreciation from those people. That's all I needed. :D

If I had infinite moneys? hmmm...
I'd want a proper steel string since my style evolved to something that would fit it better Image I'd want a harp guitar Image and a 12-string Image and a midi guitar Image and a mandolin, cause outlander said I should play one Image and an accordeon Image and a set of uillean pipes Image
...oh, we were talking about tech? :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Mistycica wrote:
Dinosawer wrote:If I had infinite moneys? hmmm...
I'd want
Accordion on the list, but no keytar? C'mooooon
Don't forget the eigenharp.

Which reminds me, I've long had this dream of a well-stocked home music composition, recording, and production studio. There's music in my head that I could create with the right tools... but I made other choices, and life is short.

Online Now