Return to “Everything & Anything”

The Great LT Potato Project!

Does anyone want to grow potatoes and selectively breed them for the amount of electricity they produce? :think:

Or, if you don't like potatoes, find something else that produces easily accessible electricity and grow those? :ghost: :twisted:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!
Re: The Great LT Potato Project!

0111narwhalz wrote:I have craploads of lemons, but there's little possibility of selective breeding there. Generations are too long.
More then a year is way too long for this kind of project. :ghost:

Not unless we go all corn on it, and stretch the project out for a century or so. :think:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

So only one taker? No one else is even the least bit interested? :think:

Now that I think about it, I probably would have gotten a lot more responses if I had set up a poll. :ghost:

BFett wrote:Why not try cross-breading particular plants to remove the thorn trait from them. In particular I was thinking of trying to remove thorns from raspberries vines and any other fruit that has vines with thorns.

(Might not be possible, but it's a thought.)
You can generally not crossbreed different species. Unless you want to go into genetic manipulation, but I don't think Idunno has the tools for that. :ghost:
Without it it's kind of a long project (select plants with smallest thorns, breed, repeat)
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now