Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Tangerine Dream Documentary

This may prove interesting to those who would like to know more about Tangerine Dream:
Hi Guys,

Today we have some interesting news for you concerning the cosmos of Tangerine Dream:

TD DOCUMENTARY STILL ONLINE @ ARTE

Many of you have already watched the new Tangerine Dream documentary "Sounds from another World" on ARTE TV on 25th November. The response so far has been overwhelming, predominantly positive and many of you got 'goosebumps' seeing a very young Edgar and other band members at that time. Even people who didn’t know much about Tangerine Dream commented that the documentary was very exciting for them as they didn't know anything about the historical/cultural meaning of electronic music and the band's strong input. They expressed astonishment about the revolution of sound in the sixties & seventies, which they weren't aware of. We think, a documentary about Tangerine Dream was long overdue and it can contribute to the fact, that young people will receive further information about that revolutionary time.

Of course we know that the documentary is way too short (TV format), that's why we plan to release a longer version in spring 2017 (DVD format with English subtitles at least or even dubbed). Your crowdfunding contributions & support will be a good investment in a piece of contemporary history.

Thanks to the director, Margarete Kreuzer, and Bianca Froese-Acquaye who both were attracted to the idea of creating a film about Tangerine Dream and who worked closely for its realization. Margarete met Edgar in 2013 for the first time and they got along with each other very well. Edgar was convinced by Margarete's previous work and agreed instantly to the proposed documentary on TD. We think he would have been pleased with the result.

Those who missed the film on TV can watch it for another 25 days in the ARTE library (in German or French):

GERMAN version: http://www.arte.tv/guide/de/056763-000- ... country=AA

FRENCH version: http://www.arte.tv/guide/fr/056763-000- ... rine-dream
I watched the German version, barely understood a word but the images were great. :D
Re: Tangerine Dream Documentary

And it's finally good news about the backer funded version of the DVD! :D

"After an unbearable time of waiting, the DVDs of Revolution of Sound. Tangerine Dream finally arrived and we immediately started dispatching them.

We would like to express our deepest gratitude to all of you for going this long way together with us, even though it was a path of trial and tribulation in the end. We sincerely apologize for all the delays and for testing your patience.

We wish you a lot of fun with your very own DVD!

Kindest regards,

TAG/TRAUM & EASTGATE Music & Arts"

:angel:

Edit: I managed to restrain myself from doing a happy dance. I'll wait until the DVD actually arrives at my home before I allow myself to demonstrate my happiness in such a physical way. I am an Englishman after all is said and done. ;)

Online Now