Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: It is ALL about the Experience...

The experience of LT is currently ANTICIPATION

Anticipation is pleasurable anxiety, and is considered the most important part of DESIRE. Imaginative and Speculative anticipation is known as EXCITEMENT, and is one of the most powerful psychological motivators the mind experiences. It is known to reduce or eliminate ego depletion and can extend mental endurance considerably. (In the case of LT, ANTICIPATION can extend it for years in some subjects)

Over-excitement is sometimes called HYPE, and often leads to DISAPPOINTMENT as Imagination is far more powerful than what is technically feasible in a reasonable amount of time. It is generally recommended that individuals lower their expectations and dampen their EXCITEMENT if the avoidance of DISAPPOINTMENT is a priority. However, in some subjects, ANTICIPATION is the primary pursuit and elevating EXCITEMENT into HYPE is more pleasurable than the fulfillment of ANTICIPATION.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Not sure if this goes here, but I fired up Freespace just to see what condition my condition is in.. :)

So here i am avoiding the space lanes and just cruise driving across New London and imagining what doing the same in LT would be like..

The random dog fights with pirates, the way they dodge my fire, the screams as i cripple a ship and watch it rock my ship of it explodes too close to me..

Wonderful stuff :))
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss wrote:Not sure if this goes here, but I fired up Freespace just to see what condition my condition is in.. :)

So here i am avoiding the space lanes and just cruise driving across New London and imagining what doing the same in LT would be like..

The random dog fights with pirates, the way they dodge my fire, the screams as i cripple a ship and watch it rock my ship of it explodes too close to me..

Wonderful stuff :))
Freespace?
Do you mean Freelancer?

The New London system was FL not FS, iirc.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now