Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Fall of Gods Album

JoshParnell wrote:I'm on my 5th or so listen of the album by now and I just can't get away from it...'Ambush' at 1:50+, 'Panic' at 2:50+....these two bits are simply stunning (Panic is almost...transcendental by 4:10+). I mean, the whole album is great, but I love to hear when François gets into that more soft, melancholic feel that is somehow still bursting with beauty. Gives me the chills (in a good way).

This album makes me want to start working on MorrowJosh so François can start making some more of this style :D Bah, one thing at a time :monkey:

Enjoy your physical copies of the album and book Victor :D
Thanks Josh! Very happy to hear that! :)
Hah MorrowJosh! You got me going there...Lots of memories and Jeremy Soule music! :shock: :monkey:
Victor Tombs wrote:
Francois Jolin wrote:Hi Victor did you received the Cd yet?
No I haven't received it yet, François. :( Amazon USA keep changing the date. It's now "Expected by Apr 27". I have no idea what the problem is as there has been no explanation.
Hi Victor, it's weird but if it change delivery date again, could you P.M. me about it. I'll do something. Thanks! :thumbup:

Francois Jolin wrote:Hah MorrowJosh! You got me going there...Lots of memories and Jeremy Soule music! :shock: :monkey:
He's not joking, François. I do hope you will be composing the music for MorrowJosh when the time comes. Awesome combination in my book. :thumbup: :D
Francois Jolin wrote:Hi Victor, it's weird but if it change delivery date again, could you P.M. me about it. I'll do something. Thanks! :thumbup:
I will certainly do as you requested, François. Thanks! :angel: It does appear that Amazon don't have any stock to despatch. :(

I won't say much here but I'm going to put on record how much I admire how François Jolin deals with questions/problems. Not only is he an awesome composer but he's also a fine gentleman. He answers his mail and goes out of his way to find solutions to problems which are not of his making.

I doff my hat to you, François. :angel:

I'm not sure if you are involved in the project to create the second book in the trilogy, "Fall of Gods", François. I hope you will be composing a second album of music as I thoroughly enjoyed your music for the first book. :D

The Kickstarter is already running for "Fall of Gods -The Nomad" and luckily for those who missed the original campaign for "Fall of Gods - She is Gone" there are pledge levels which include both books. I love the stunning artwork and as this is part two of a planned trilogy of gorgeous prints accompanied by a fine story this second installment is a must support project for me. :)

The link to the Kickstarter is https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... -the-nomad.

It's worth a look! :thumbup: :angel:

Thank you so much Victor!!
I look forward to seeing and reading the next chapter in this new format. I've talked to the dev today and they are very happy with the Kickstarter campaign so far, so finger's crossed.
As far as new music for this book, it would be a real dream to come back to the story with new music.
I don't know yet, maybe if they get funded into stretch goals and have enough people asking for an added soundtrack they might consider it.

Let's see! :)

Francois Jolin wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:25 pm
As far as new music for this book, it would be a real dream to come back to the story with new music.
I don't know yet, maybe if they get funded into stretch goals and have enough people asking for an added soundtrack they might consider it.

Let's see! :)
Well, I wrote a comment saying I would like to see the second album of your music, François, so I'm hoping others will read it and feel the same as I do. If "Lord of the Rings" and "Game of Thrones" deserve individual albums of music for each installment I consider it necessary that "Fall of Gods" receive the same treatment. :thumbup: :angel:

I'm also glad to see you still visit here. It's beginning to get painful waiting for your Limit Theory OST.

Hmm...I wasn't a backer on the previous Kickstarter, François, as you know. Actually, if it hadn't been for your involvement I would never have known of the existence of the project. Thank you for that. :thumbup: :D

I find it hard to believe that most of the backers of the first book wouldn't want book two to add to their collection so I'm hopeful that my instincts are correct and many more potential backers will eventually sign up and contribute to the same extent as they did last time. Perhaps even more! ;)

Unfortunately, Kickstarter isn't as well respected nowadays as it was. I'm still waiting for Jeremy Soule to stop behaving like a child and give us his Soule Symphony No. 1, "The Northerner". The conclusion to that long-running saga seems to be no nearer after many years of waiting. It's the most depressing experience I've had so far with Kickstarter. :( :(

At least with your work for Limit Theory I know I will get to listen to it in its full glory someday. I blame Josh for all the delay(s) *chuckle* but at least I know that if Limit Theory the game proves to be a disappointment your score alone will be worth my pledge and the wait. :D:angel:

Edit: :shifty: I hope I didn't stray too far from the topic of this thread, François. I have a tendency to go off the rails from time to time. :oops:

BFett wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:48 pm
The "Fall of gods" album is also on Spotify along with some other music that Francois Jolin has made. It's nice to get a small taste of what may be in Limit Theory by listening to these.
Hmm...that's true, BFett. You can also purchase a digital copy of the original book from Amazon in Kindle format if you so desire. But I'm a collector and that would be akin to buying a digital comic as opposed to buying the printed version. ;) :angel:

£25,358
pledged of £29,648 goal
backers
days to go

It's not across the line yet but I'm hoping to see that well-known Kickstarter spike at the conclusion of the campaign. :)

There isn't much in the way of comments, Francois, but it made my day to see this recent one:

"Helmut Fritz Superbacker about 8 hours ago
Only found the soundtrack for the first part, because of one comment here. I love it! I would like to buy an other soundtrack to the second part (from same composer)."

:D :angel:

Online Now