Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Fall of Gods Album

Francois Jolin wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:Thanks for the reply, François. I was just curious. :angel:

We're always interested in good music. ;)

Edit: The book is so impressive I decided I had to have it. Collecting will be the death of me. :D
Yes that one is a great collectible and it's going out of print :D
Wow, i might just get the hardback now, the digital version isn't the same on a small screen...
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss wrote:
Francois Jolin wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:Thanks for the reply, François. I was just curious. :angel:

We're always interested in good music. ;)

Edit: The book is so impressive I decided I had to have it. Collecting will be the death of me. :D
Yes that one is a great collectible and it's going out of print :D
Wow, i might just get the hardback now, the digital version isn't the same on a small screen...
Ha well, the hardcover is awesome for sure! It's a great collectible and in this digital age it's all more rewarding to have a physical copy.

For those interested by the album, the Itunes and Google Play version are out today, thanks for the support guys! :thumbup:

Francois Jolin wrote:For those interested by the album, the Itunes and Google Play version are out today, thanks for the support guys!
I can wait for the shipping of my CD from the USA, François, but I can't wait for your soundtrack so, in addition, I've purchased the digital download from Amazon UK.

I'm listening to it now. :thumbup: :D :D

Victor Tombs wrote:
I can wait for the shipping of my CD from the USA, François, but I can't wait for your soundtrack so, in addition, I've purchased the digital download from Amazon UK.

I'm listening to it now. :thumbup: :D :D
Oh wow, thanks for the first amazin' review on Amazon Victor! Hope you'll enjoy with the book :)

Francois Jolin wrote:Oh wow, thanks for the first amazin' review on Amazon Victor! Hope you'll enjoy with the book :)
Thoroughly deserved, François. Do you have any idea of how talented you are? :D

I'm not sure when the book will arrive. They seem to be taking a lot of time making sure it's well packed. ;)

Francois Jolin wrote:Yes they'll ship it on the 26th.
Which gives me the opportunity to quote you again, François, for those who missed what you said about the physical book:
Francois Jolin wrote: The book is currently in the last hardcover sell and shipment is due on February 26: http://shop.moodvisuals.com (you can also get the digital version on that page) But the hardcover version is amazing.
It's still available but there isn't much time left for latecomers to place their order. :angel:

I just want to say Francois, I listened to both this and your Orezom trails album and you have amazing musical versatility. I'm confident you will create a great soundtrack for the game. I'm sort of wondering thought, the mood and genre you're looking to create, whether it will be like Brian Eno, Asura, Jesper Kyd, Sync24, Bear McCreary or what. Personally I think traditional world music and instrumentation intermingled with modern ambient electronica is perfect for space, an Oud or Balaban and I'd fall in love forever :D

Whatever you create though, I'm glad Josh chose you. :thumbup:
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Hyperion wrote:I just want to say Francois, I listened to both this and your Orezom trails album and you have amazing musical versatility. I'm confident you will create a great soundtrack for the game. I'm sort of wondering thought, the mood and genre you're looking to create, whether it will be like Brian Eno, Asura, Jesper Kyd, Sync24, Bear McCreary or what. Personally I think traditional world music and instrumentation intermingled with modern ambient electronica is perfect for space, an Oud or Balaban and I'd fall in love forever :D

Whatever you create though, I'm glad Josh chose you. :thumbup:
Thanks so much Hyperion and glad you like the Orezom Trails soundtrack. That was another ufo project altogether, had a lot of fun working on it. :monkey:
As far as mood and genre, I cannot say too much right now as we'll keep some info for an update video. :)

For any collectors, this pop-out in the mail today. Great to have CDs, I kinda missed the feeling. Image
Sorry for the tease Victor :P

Victor Tombs wrote:I've signed up to the Eon Sounds newsletter, François. I hadn't realized there was a motion picture in the pipeline. I should have made the mental link with Lakeshore.

Is your soundtrack going to be used in the film? :angel:
Hi Victor, thanks for signing in. We'll post a blog post of the making-of of LT close to the release.
About the movie, I hope that I'll could do the film as well, but it's a big step. Depending on how this album is received then I might be considered. It surely would be something huge and I have some ideas and feelings about how I would expand it for the big screen. Let's see :)

By the way here's another preview video (trailer type) with the piece Duel and Wolf's Lair. The guys that did this are amazing!

I will be so disappointed for you if they don't give you the chance to provide the music for the film, François. You've made such a magnificent job of this release for the book. I've been playing it daily as I've worked at the PC keyboard. :D

I spotted your entry for Limit Theory on the Eon Sounds site. Glad you used one of the videos Josh made, it was an excellent idea. I'm looking forward to that promised "making of" blog. I hope we don't have to wait too long for it now. :)

And thanks for including the trailer. It's really excellent. I haven't seen the full artwork for the book yet but I'm hoping to receive my copy in the next few days. :angel:

Online Now