Return to “Everything & Anything”

Fall of Gods Album

Hi all! As I've mentioned in the Jammin' thread I've got an album coming out next week. :)
Last year I was involved in a project named Fall of Gods, an illustrated book based on the Norse Mythology.

The trailer:

Here' the official preview:

The album is out!
Here is links to the music:
Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/album/fall-god ... 1078764869 You can preview the tracks there. For more Battle oriented I suggest Ambush and Duel.
On Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/music/alb ... vdo4&hl=en
CD for anyone interested by it: http://www.amazon.com/Fall-Gods-Gone-Or ... B01AW0TZD0

A brief overview of the project:
"FALL OF GODS is an illustrated book inspired by Norse mythology, following Vali, a warrior haunted by his past, but who has found peace in the arms of a woman. For years he has lived far from society, tending to his farm and trying to forget the battles he fought…and the crimes he committed. But one day his love disappears, and he must set out to find her. He will once again have to face the creatures of Jotunheim and the powerful Aesir. Suddenly, the man he thought he had buried deep down inside has risen to the surface once more…and he comes seeking vengeance. FALL OF GODS was created by MOOD concept designer Rasmus Berggreen and HITMAN video game writer Michael Vogt. The book will be turned into a feature film by director Wes Ball (THE MAZE RUNNER) and 20th Century Fox."

They did a kickstarter to finance the book and one of the stretch goals was a soundtrack, long story short I got picked to work on this amazing project.
I've been very fortunate last year to work on passionate projects.
Fall of Gods and Limit Theory are the biggest and best projects I've worked on so far, still they couldn't be more diametrically opposed in their styles and approach. :mrgreen:
Since the book rights have been bought by 20th Century Fox to do a movie with it, it helped me to get a deal with http://www.lakeshorerecords.com. So here I am, having my first label related album out, which is very exciting and a tad scary at the same time. ;)

I had lot of fun doing it, recorded all kind of stuff, some custom Bullroarers, bowed bicycle wheel spokes, a big steel staircase etc... Image
Also I had a couple of sessions with vocal artists, notably a guttural singer for the Jotnar Tribal Choir on Duel and Trap.

The book is currently in the last hardcover sell and shipment is due on February 26: http://shop.moodvisuals.com (you can also get the digital version on that page) But the hardcover version is amazing.
The Book has tremendous art. Image To follow the upcoming infos about the project, the books, the film and the soundtrack here's the facebook links:
https://www.facebook.com/sonsofmuspel/
https://www.facebook.com/francois.jolin.77

If you like it, please share on facebook, twitter, etc...Any help and feedback is very appreciated! I'll get more video previews out closer to the release, I'll post them here.
Don't hesitate if you have any questions! :)

Hope you guys will like the work! :)

:D :monkey: :ghost:
Re: Fall of Gods Album

I am no longer concerned with your ability to produce quality battle music. :D "Duel" sounds particularly epic in my opinion, going by your Google Play link. "Ambush" is another one I really like. :D Francois, you beautiful genius, I am so glad Josh hired you for Limit Theory. :lol: Best of luck on your movie!

(Oh, and the dragon artwork is magnificent. :thumbup: )
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Lum wrote:Awesome! Thank you for sharing and good luck! :clap: :thumbup:
Thanks Lum! :)
FormalMoss wrote:I just bought the digital book and the opening page on Chapter 1 took my breath away..

Bob Ross instantly came to mind too :lol:

P.S. I bought the hardback of Éxpose 11 when it came out - I like art :)
Thanks Formal! :D I don't think you'll regret it! Lot of amazing artwork and a cool story too.
Talvieno wrote:I am no longer concerned with your ability to produce quality battle music. :D "Duel" sounds particularly epic in my opinion, going by your Google Play link. "Ambush" is another one I really like. :D Francois, you beautiful genius, I am so glad Josh hired you for Limit Theory. :lol: Best of luck on your movie!

(Oh, and the dragon artwork is magnificent. :thumbup: )
Thanks Talvieno, it means a lot! We will have a longer video preview before it's out including the track Duel.
Victor Tombs wrote:I've just pre-ordered your CD from Amazon, François. It will go nicely with The Northerner from Jeremy Soule and my Skyrim OST. You can't beat a generous helping of Norse mythology. :thumbup: :D

:shifty: Will take a look at the book art now. ;)
Amazing Victor, I think you might be the first one buying the CD, just out of the oven. Thanks so much! Never enough Norse! :mrgreen:

Ambush is indeed a great piece to go off of for LT combat music. The guy speaking in Duel isn't quite what I'd hope for in LT ;) but if you took him out and had only music I think I'd be quite happy. Keep up the great work Francois, I have faith that you'll do an excellent job with the LT sound track.

Congratulations on being picked up by Lakeshore, François, and on the imminent release of your album!

I enjoyed the snippets on Google Play. "Epic orchestral" is pretty much the name of a Pandora music channel I created ;) , so I'm definitely looking forward to the release of your Fall of Gods score.

Nicely done. :)

BFett wrote:Ambush is indeed a great piece to go off of for LT combat music. The guy speaking in Duel isn't quite what I'd hope for in LT ;) but if you took him out and had only music I think I'd be quite happy. Keep up the great work Francois, I have faith that you'll do an excellent job with the LT sound track.
Hi BFett , thanks happy you like the tracks! Yes as mentioned these are very opposite in style of what we're aiming for LT. There is no Tribal choir in LT...yet :ghost:
Flatfingers wrote:Congratulations on being picked up by Lakeshore, François, and on the imminent release of your album!

I enjoyed the snippets on Google Play. "Epic orchestral" is pretty much the name of a Pandora music channel I created ;) , so I'm definitely looking forward to the release of your Fall of Gods score.

Nicely done. :)

Thanks Flatfingers, happy that you liked the snippets. Yes I am very honored to part of the Lakeshore line-up, it's amazing to be alongside composers I admired for years! :)
JoshParnell wrote:Awesome, can't wait to listen...thanks for posting François! I've said it plenty of times over Skype but I'll say it again here...huge congratulations to you and your success! :clap:
Thanks Josh! That means a lot! :)
Victor Tombs wrote:So why isn't the CD available on Amazon UK, François? I'm going to have to wait ages for delivery. :(
I think Lakeshore is releasing in stages on the European market. I asked them to make sure it's available soon in Europe as the Book creators and many of the fans are based in Europe. Sorry for the delay! :(

For anyone interested to hear a bit more, here's the official video preview as release by Lakeshore: (There is another video coming this Friday with a longer snippet of Duel)
Please share, like (if you like) it's surely much appreciated!

Thanks for the interest guys! :monkey: :ghost:

Online Now