Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: The Daguerreian Process

I'm not entirely sure I want to do this, but hey ho.

I'm using the one picture I use literally everytime I show someone my face because it's the only photo I've ever taken of myself where I look... ok.

*And don't mind the little bit of the photo on the bottom left that's been taken off, my partner was making an... especially... unattractive face. XD

Spoiler:      SHOW

This portrait isn't recent and lacks colour, but I like it. Skating (poorly) on the Rideau is the context; credit goes to an awesome photographer friend. :)
My sister always insists I'm photogenic, but I have to wonder if there's bias involved..
I'm pretty sure I was attempting a smile. :?
Also my beard tends not to be so tame and stubbly, since my barber patronage is intentionally infrequent.
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Scytale wrote:
plillevold wrote:Alright. All you fine people. Here's me, couple of years ago, mind you. Attained much gray hair since then, I see.
plillevold.jpg
Can anyone spot where this photo was taken? :angel:
Somewhere in Norway? :P

I'm going to find this exact spot on Google Maps dude
Glad to see the challenge is accepted :thumbup: Let me know when you need a hint ;)
old-fashioned :ghost:

Scytale wrote:Alright this is going to take a while :P At least I'm learning a lot about Norway

Assuming it is in Norway!
Scytale, it's great that you learn alot about Norway, but to save on your sanity then I think you need a first hint:
One thing to know about Norway is that we traditionally build our churches in wood, and they are generally a lot taller than myself :angel:
old-fashioned :ghost:

plillevold wrote:hint:
One thing to know about Norway is that we traditionally build our churches in wood, and they are generally a lot taller than myself :angel:
But Norwegian churches that are made of wood are typically brown... :think:

This one looks like it is made of possibly brick, with plaster above to make it look nice. But I know nothing of Norwegian churches. Heck I don't even know for certain if this is a church. :ghost:

EDIT: I cheated, and now I know... :( Won't say what is it here though. :ghost:
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have telked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image

Online Now