Return to “Everything & Anything”

The Daguerreian Process

gave birth to the first self-portraits. It was invented by the French painter Louis Daguerre, around 1830.

I know a lot of internet people are averse to showing a human face behind the nick, but hey, maybe some of you have exhibitionist tendencies like I do at times, and want to share.
Okay, maybe I just want an excuse to take care of myself better and take pics more often.

I'll start, because it's only fair. I have about the quality of Daguerre's camera, but my nails are on flick.
Imgur album, contains a little bare skin too if you scroll down, gasp
Edit: I realized spoiler tags were a thing.
Last edited by Mistycica on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
panic
Re: The Daguerreian Process

Dinosawer wrote:Yay faces \o/

I'm notoriously un-photogenic and never take pictures of myself, so you'll have to do with a still from on of my youtube videos that is not entirely horrible. :ghost:
Spoiler:      SHOW
You are much better then I am.

I mean, look at my last photo!
I'm pretty sure that you could count the pixels! :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Dinosawer wrote:Yay faces \o/

I'm notoriously un-photogenic and never take pictures of myself, so you'll have to do with a still from on of my youtube videos that is not entirely horrible. :ghost:
>un-photogenic

yeah right :V
Talvieno wrote:Nice!!! Lookin' pretty good there, Misty. :)
Shame I take pics so rarely and with such a boring background :V Maybe I'll ask a roomie to let me have a photo day!
Last edited by Mistycica on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
panic

Mistycica wrote:
Dinosawer wrote:I had to scour 5 minutes of video to find 1 frame in which I was not looking grumpy :ghost:
Is that a Wonderwall cover? If not, you have a new mission!
It is not.

*puts Wonderwall on todo-list*
Talvieno wrote:
Mistycica wrote: >un-photogenic

yeah right :V
Agreed, Dino, you're totally rockin' that Lantern Jaw of Justice. :)
I was alluding to my complete inability to hold a not-spontaneous nice expression, not my actual looks. :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Mistycica wrote:
Zorathex wrote:I have decided to put a picture of me here, as far as i know this is the only picture of me online, its not bad but it could be worse.
Heterochromia :o
Yep i have complete heterochromia, but its not as cool as it sounds, whenever I or anyone else wants to make me in a game like the sims, there's always a problem, because most games with character creators don't have Heterochromia for humans, despite the fact that pets in the sims can have heterochromia. in the end one of my two eye colors must be picked for the character. :)

Online Now