Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: The Daguerreian Process

Wait. No girls? This is bullshit, as the poet Chris Roberts would say. :lol:

Anyway. These were me in different points of my relatively recent life:
Spoiler:      SHOW
I don't have recent pics because I don't usually participate in social meetings anymore.
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

I would be an awful detective. I lack observational skills.

However, it would be an honor to be compared with Kenneth Branagh though, even if he is as much an Scandinavian as I'm Japanese.

8-)
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Well, since many people here already know me...de-anonymising myself on the Internet somehow feels extremely wrong, though. Just keep it in mind :)

Ye olde photo, from ye days of yore:
Spoiler:      SHOW
I look somewhat different now. Meaner and with more sadness.

:)

Edited a spoiler in.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

outlander4 wrote:I look somewhat different now. Meaner and with more sadness.
Why meaner and with more sadness, outlander4? From what I see you should have a wonderful life ahead of you. :angel: Is the photo really old or have you suffered some setbacks in your life?

Have all the youthful ones here forgotten how to smile. :(

Victor, I never smile on photos. Do it a lot IRL. I am a pessimist though (of an 'always joyful pessimist' variety). The photo is quite old; I am better off than most people but I still fail miserably on doing things I wanted to do.

'Wonderful life ahead of you', huh. Not coming. And everybody somehow feels it. Those who have brains usually try to do something; those who don't - they just live in the moment. Many people ignore it / deny it.

Future is dark and full of terrors :D
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

No, the future isn't dark and full of terrors, certainly not for the joyful pessimists of this world. It's true there is much sadness and pain that one can wallow in but you're better than that...surely.

What were your plans, your dreams for life? It really doesn't matter what others think of you, outlander4. If you learn just one lesson from being here it should be that you're the only one who can brand you a failure.

You may not be gifted in the way Josh Parnell is but that doesn't mean you can't achieve what you want to in life. Even a talented soul like Josh has his demons. He could have folded several times during the timespan of this project but he kept his own dream alive even through the darkest days.

Hopefully, you still have one thing that is precious in this life...time. That gift of time which you can choose to use wisely or not.

It's such a brief existence we have in this realm, why fill your mind with imagined terrors? :angel:

Silverware wrote:Honestly, I can't say I expected any less from Grumble :D
Victor Tombs wrote::D That is a noble visage that you carry, Grumblesaur. Like one from the writings of Homer. I can easily see you being part of an epic poem. :angel:
The beard-'stache combo is a recent addition to my face. I gave a test ride back in the fall, removed it, and grew it back over winter break. I think it's going to stay this time.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Online Now