Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: The Expanse (scifi series)

Dinosawer wrote:So in some years we could be watching The Requisited Knowledge Troops on TV :ghost:

Edit: the full article is worth a read as well: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/sci- ... e-expanse/
(especially for Tal)

Also *adds books to to-read list*
Phew. Long article. Will read when I'm at home again while sipping on a glass of wine. :ghost:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Talvieno wrote:It would probably have to be a novel series... and not only that, I'd probably have to drop 75% of the characters (at least in terms of focus) and only focus on a single squad.
No, you don't. There's a german sci-fi novel series called "Justifiers" that consists of 10 books and is written by 10 different authors, but it's all based in the same universe and is about the same special forces organisation. But every book follows a different squad and their adventures. It's a really interesting read (when you understand german).
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Dinosawer wrote:Yeah, but the first REKT campaign had 2 to 6 squads (i.e. 10 to 30 people) in the same mission.
Talvieno wrote:A different squad, not a different 30 characters. :D Most people have trouble keeping Snow White's seven dwarves straight. There's no way they could handle 30.
Yeah, can't you make multiple squads from these characters? Because then you could follow the actions of each squad for 1 chapter each. I did read books like that before. Where you have multiple groups of people or single people that move through time and space simultaneously, and you just reference them by 1 main person of that group. That eliminates confusion, because you don't have to follow 10 people at once, but 2 groups and 2 people. That makes it a lot easier to remember.
Nothing to see here

Dinosawer wrote:The already were different squads, but there was quite some interaction... still, maybe not impossible, but I'm not the writer :ghost:
Not impossible, no. Impossible while retaining the old cast, also no. Impossible while retaining the cast and telling a good story people can really sink into... most likely yes.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now