Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Things That Made You Happy Today

Silverware wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:32 pm
Talk to your employer, they may be willing to let you do 1 day a week unpaid, then you can skip mondays and have long weekends. :D

I already get every Friday off (because I work longer hours all the other days). It's great, right up to the point where people realize you're available to run their errands for them. :P

F4wk35 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:13 am
That's an awesome home you got there, Flatfingers! :shock:

Thanks!

Flatfingers wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:53 pm
F4wk35 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:13 am
That's an awesome home you got there, Flatfingers! :shock:

Thanks!
I loved your home the first time I saw it, Flat, and it's good to read that it's now truly your castle. Are you sure you're not an eccentric Englishman? ;) :angel:
Silverware wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:58 pm
Apparently my scribbles make for a really neat font, after you add glows.
So I will have to make a PROPER font with them later :3
Thanks for your message in IRC, Silver. I like this new font. :thumbup: :)

Victor Tombs wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:22 am
I loved your home the first time I saw it, Flat, and it's good to read that it's now truly your castle. Are you sure you're not an eccentric Englishman? ;) :angel:

That, Victor, is a noble distinction to which I could never hope to aspire.

For now, maybe we should call this pile "Flat's Folly!" An ill-favored thing, sir, but mine own. :)

(Side note: spent some time last night finally watching the first two episodes of Kenneth Clark's "Civilisation" -- as absolutely wonderful as I'd heard it was.)

Flatfingers wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:58 pm
(Side note: spent some time last night finally watching the first two episodes of Kenneth Clark's "Civilisation" -- as absolutely wonderful as I'd heard it was.)
It's been a while since I watched Kenneth Clark's "Civilisation", Flat, but if you haven't watched David Starkey's "Monarchy" I would recommend you do so. It marries nicely with what you call, " Flat's Folly!". :angel:

:shifty: I should add that David Starkey isn't everyone's cup of tea but I found the series fascinating. :)

Victor Tombs wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:22 am
It's been a while since I watched Kenneth Clark's "Civilisation", Flat, but if you haven't watched David Starkey's "Monarchy" I would recommend you do so. It marries nicely with what you call, " Flat's Folly!". :angel:

:shifty: I should add that David Starkey isn't everyone's cup of tea but I found the series fascinating. :)

I appreciate the recommendation. And I'm open to some amount of rethinking or questioning.

Just so long as Starkey doesn't go too far down the road toward Simon Schama's bitter political moralizing....

Flatfingers wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:17 am
Just so long as Starkey doesn't go too far down the road toward Simon Schama's bitter political moralizing....
:) He does say controversial things at times, Flat, like back in 2015 he said, "The Queen "has done and said nothing that anybody will remember” despite her imminent achievement of becoming Britain’s longest-reigning monarch". I doubt if Queen Elizabeth II would appreciate or agree with that.

I suspect he might have a similar opinion of me if he were to evaluate my contribution to this world. *chuckle* :angel:

I was very happy to receive my official copy of, "Longstreet - The Complete Series" which was unavailable in the UK so I had to pay nearly double the price to obtain it from the USA.

It's so good to see so many of these gems being released from the archive vaults. :D :angel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClcsM9h80nk

The series is most famous for the appearances of Bruce Lee but I rated James Franciscus as a fine actor and producer (may he rest in peace).

Edit: I'd still like to see a full official release of all the episodes of this TV series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-xExiIxS48

Online Now