Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Things That Made You Happy Today

FormalMoss wrote: So, long story short? I am glad to have my health somewhat back to normal.
I'm still not 100%, as for dinner I had a child's portion of a chicken curry, and even with that I only ate a small amount of rice and very little chicken.
(This is a plus, as yesterday, I couldn't even fathom taking more than one bite of toast.)
What plagues you so?
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

FormalMoss wrote:Being able to sit on the throne and have a stool that was solid.

It's amazing, when things go real bad, and your health is one of them, it's amazing how the world seems to get oh so much smaller.
Lets go back a few days (Friday), I was in a clinic having an exploded cyst removed (think of a party popper) from the back of my head (outside my skull btw). I was given a double dose of penicillin by the doctor, and sent on my way home. All was grand..
Until Saturday morning when I barfed, and from there I couldn't keep any liquids inside of me, and it even got to the point where I was losing far more liquids than I could take in.
That's when I called the ambulance who after informing me that a side effect of the penicillin is diarrhoea, brought me to the nearest hospital who then attached a saline solution to my arm to replenish my system. After 2 hours I left to go home, as I had another 4 hour wait ahead of me before a doctor would see me (and I'd eaten nothing, and couldn't fall asleep).
Today, has been good. Easter Sunday, driving around Dublin trying to look for an open Pharmacy. :D The hunt was successful, and I was able to obtain Imodium (and not Motilium, which I already had, but was largely ineffective).
I found one in Naas, but that was after a big detour as there was a festival in the town. Chocolate was (and still is) the last thing on my mind :)

So, long story short? I am glad to have my health somewhat back to normal.
I'm still not 100%, as for dinner I had a child's portion of a chicken curry, and even with that I only ate a small amount of rice and very little chicken.
(This is a plus, as yesterday, I couldn't even fathom taking more than one bite of toast.)
Good to hear you're on the way to get healty again. :thumbup:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Grumblesaur wrote:
FormalMoss wrote: So, long story short? I am glad to have my health somewhat back to normal.
What plagues you so?
It was chronic dehydration due to diarrhoea, which was a side effect from the penicillin i was prescribed after having an exploded cyst removed from the back of my head.
Losing more liquids than i could consume.
Stomach acids were coming out, which was painful, but also cleaned my toilet!!
Not an enjoyable experience to say the least.
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss wrote: Stomach acids were coming out, which was painful, but also cleaned my toilet!!!
Then you haven't reached the worst. The worst is, when you threw up so much, that there aren't even stomach acids left, and you start throwing up yellow/greenish, absolutely bitter Bile. THAT is when you experienced the WORST! I think I acid-burned my throat at least three times in the past when I was sick or because of other reasons. And one time I threw up bile. And the taste of that made me throw up even more, but there was absolutely nothing left, and it's just stomach cramps, not being able to breath and so much pain.

So yeah, glad you skipped that part and that your toilet is cleaned. :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

JanB1 wrote:
FormalMoss wrote: Stomach acids were coming out, which was painful, but also cleaned my toilet!!!
Then you haven't reached the worst. The worst is, when you threw up so much, that there aren't even stomach acids left, and you start throwing up yellow/greenish, absolutely bitter Bile. THAT is when you experienced the WORST! I think I acid-burned my throat at least three times in the past when I was sick or because of other reasons. And one time I threw up bile. And the taste of that made me throw up even more, but there was absolutely nothing left, and it's just stomach cramps, not being able to breath and so much pain.

So yeah, glad you skipped that part and that your toilet is cleaned. :D
Eek! That's awful, and frightening Jan.
Hope you never have to experience that again.
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Online Now