Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Things That Made You Happy Today

0111narwhalz wrote:I found a set of RAM sticks in a random drawer that doubled my risen-from-the-dead computer's capacity! Now I can play those old versions that are modded to the bleeding edge of their hard RAM limit and browse the internet! :twisted:
Yesterday I found some 512MB of DDR1 RAM (2 Sticks of 256MB) in a drawer at work...
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Talvieno wrote:Made me happy today: I'm finally going to be upgrading from my PoS six-year-old laptop soon!
Yay, then you can start playing some REAL BLOODY GAMES FOR ONCE! You prick! :ghost:
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

0111narwhalz wrote:I found a set of RAM sticks in a random drawer that doubled my risen-from-the-dead computer's capacity! Now I can play those old versions that are modded to the bleeding edge of their hard RAM limit and browse the internet! :twisted:
You tried setting the "large address aware" bit for the executables? A fair chunk of 32bit games support actually more ram than they ought to but are constrained by OS limits because of this not-set bit.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
You tried setting the "large address aware" bit for the executables? A fair chunk of 32bit games support actually more ram than they ought to but are constrained by OS limits because of this not-set bit.
Pretty sure that was on by default. ~3.8GB cap, right? That very solution came up at least three times anyone proposed a 64-bit version--at least until the x64 hack and (later) the official 64-bit version. It was cited as "already tried" every time.

0111narwhalz wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Pretty sure that was on by default. ~3.8GB cap, right? That very solution came up at least three times anyone proposed a 64-bit version--at least until the x64 hack and (later) the official 64-bit version. It was cited as "already tried" every time.
What game are you talking about? :think:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Talvieno wrote:
Flatfingers wrote:I assume fully-automated landing and takeoff would be required to use this kind of airport.

My concern would be with inclement weather, especially snow/ice conditions. Once slipping starts, you will go in a straight line until something stops you. At least a straight runway keeps you on a hard, flat surface for a little while, compared to falling off a circular runway almost immediately.

Have the designers addressed this question?
Yes, they have. Instead of rolling straight out into a grassy field, they added a helpful jump a la skateboard park. Now you can do mad flips while you're losing control too.
This answer from Tal in the "Circular Runway" thread. Had a genuine laugh. :mrgreen:
Last edited by JanB1 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to see here

Online Now