Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Things That Made You Happy Today

After being 3 months overdue due to no stock, my game store managed to get copies of the second print of Netrunner's final expansions and is able to fulfill my preorder. Should arrive next week :mrgreen:
I was already afraid I wouldn't be able to snag the full set. I'm sure Victor understands :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

I bought Wolfenstein The new Order in June and forgot about it, rediscovered it yesterday. Its nice :)

I also found 2 Copys of Dead Island Riptide despite no memorys of buying even one of them. Maybe its time to check for Alzheimer´s.
More people want exploding kittens than exploding ships. Somehow, this makes me happy.
- credits go to dwmagus

A review for Christopher Lee's autobiography, Lord of Misrule: The Autobiography of Christopher Lee on Amazon.
"Who knew that legendary actor and part-time vocalist Sir Christopher Lee had such an imagination? It does make sense when you consider his roles in both the “Star Wars” and “Lord Of the Rings” franchise. However, nothing can begin to prepare you for the epic hero’s journey, “Lord Of Misrule”, a staggering work of fiction that must be read to be believed.

In his witty, eloquent, and darkly humorous style, Lee incorporates himself into the weirdest number of adventures, missteps, and coincidences that don’t involve time travel. From wartime experiences that would cripple an actual man for life to a lifelong career in entertainment that could not possibly be achieved with said crippling, you won’t make it to the first hundred pages without wondering what Sir Christopher must have been smoking to come up with this stuff. And this is WAY before this hilariously fictionalized version of Lee finds fame. After that is a Who’s Who of practically everybody that somehow doesn’t distract Lee from gaining expertise at his golf game.

What a riot! I think this overlooked blend of fantasy and reality should have ushered in a new trend in English literature. While “Harry Potter” might be great for the kids, it looks like Sir Christopher Lee already brought us the adult equivalent decades ago. I wish I could rate this more stars than this guy worked with in such cinema favorites as, “The Terror Of the Tongs” and, “The Torture Chamber Of Dr. Sadism”. Had I known that the unreliable narrator approach in First-Person POV could have been done so well, I wouldn’t have even bothered with the likes of Nabokov and Dostoyevsky.

(NOTE: Since the initial writing of this review, it was later revealed to the author that the book is supposed to be an actual autobiography. If you feel confused by the error, imagine how you’ll feel after reading all 400-plus pages of this.)"

Many chuckles were had. Upon looking at a few pages from the Amazon preview of it, I'm gonna purchase it. c: Sir Christopher has a style that reminds me of G. K. Chesterton. In addition, I'm doing a paper on him for my Intro to Cinema class, so this will be a very handy source. :P
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Online Now