Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Things That Made You Happy Today

Today a person said I'm completely out of my mind because I felt that his quiet, extremely safe country town with a crime rate of pretty much 0 sounded a bit boring compared to the city I live in, where you can be attacked in a crowded grocery store in broad daylight. :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

I may have exaggerated slightly, but my point wasn't made up. There's something kinda fun about living in a large city, though give me another 19 years and I guarantee I'll never want to see another one again. :ghost:

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

IronDuke wrote:Today a person said I'm completely out of my mind because I felt that his quiet, extremely safe country town with a crime rate of pretty much 0 sounded a bit boring compared to the city I live in, where you can be attacked in a crowded grocery store in broad daylight. :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

I may have exaggerated slightly, but my point wasn't made up. There's something kinda fun about living in a large city, though give me another 19 years and I guarantee I'll never want to see another one again. :ghost:

--IronDuke
Well...in what country do you live again? :shock:

I know that there are places here where you will probably get robbed at night, but the risk is fairly low. :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

IronDuke wrote:This post on the World of Warships forum. It's kind of a wall of text, but 100% worth reading. I laughed out loud several times. It's totally worth taking a few minutes to read. :mrgreen: :lol:

--IronDuke
What?
I understood some parts of it... :lol:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Non-technical summary, CM style. :ghost:

The guy decided to do a "scientific" study to see how your level of drunkenness affects your play.
1. The "control group" where he played a few battles without drinking anything. He described the outcomes of the battles; they were pretty much normal for him.
2. He drank 3 "navy grogs" without eating anything. He explained what the drink is (seems real potent) then went to relate his play experience. He played nine games, and it seems his statistics worsened, but being highly drunk now, he didn't care. Even his sentence structure here was vastly different, and he mentioned forgetting a large number of things.
3. He drank even more grogs. Now his word choice and spelling are completely screwed up, and he said a lot of things that are relatively stupid in the context of the game. He then scolded "experienced" players for claiming that it was a skill-based game and being right about it, saying that lousy skill was clearly much more fun. :lol:
After all this, he posted the statistical results. They're completely spaghettified - only one of them actually was an ingame stat, the rest are gibberish. Except diapers. :ghost:
He then made a callout to River (a user who made a forum-post-formatting-guide) crying that upon reading his post it didn't seem to make much sense.

In the context of the game, this post was absolutely ludicrous. :squirrel:

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

IronDuke wrote:Non-technical summary, CM style. :ghost:

The guy decided to do a "scientific" study to see how your level of drunkenness affects your play.
1. The "control group" where he played a few battles without drinking anything. He described the outcomes of the battles; they were pretty much normal for him.
2. He drank 3 "navy grogs" without eating anything. He explained what the drink is (seems real potent) then went to relate his play experience. He played nine games, and it seems his statistics worsened, but being highly drunk now, he didn't care. Even his sentence structure here was vastly different, and he mentioned forgetting a large number of things.
3. He drank even more grogs. Now his word choice and spelling are completely screwed up, and he said a lot of things that are relatively stupid in the context of the game. He then scolded "experienced" players for claiming that it was a skill-based game and being right about it, saying that lousy skill was clearly much more fun. :lol:
After all this, he posted the statistical results. They're completely spaghettified - only one of them actually was an ingame stat, the rest are gibberish. Except diapers. :ghost:
He then made a callout to River (a user who made a forum-post-formatting-guide) crying that upon reading his post it didn't seem to make much sense.

In the context of the game, this post was absolutely ludicrous. :squirrel:

--IronDuke
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I didn't understand what he wrote in the third part and was trying to get a relation between the things he said and worl of warships, but didn't find any. Now it's clear why. Was able to have a laugh now. Thanks. :lol:
Nothing to see here

So, GF's friends had organised a various games and DnD weekend with a 4 hour DnD scenario (Pathfinder system) for newbs (as only one of the players ever DnD'd) and she invited me along so I could meet her friends. Was fun, she and I played the rogue together (there were only characters for 5 people and we had 6 players) :D
Highlight: the evil orc priest that was the endboss chugged down an invisibility potion at 1 HP and started retreating back to his lair (where we later found he had a variety of scrolls that would have made things harder had he gotten to use them - cure wounds, summon monster etc.)
However, he'd forgotten that our cleric had cast a light spell on him, so we could actually still see him because he was giving off light. So our mage just finished him with a burning hands scroll. :ghost:
Last edited by Dinosawer on Mon May 29, 2017 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:So, GF's friends had organised a various games and DnD weekend with a 4 hour DnD scenario (Pathfinder system) for newbs (as only one of the players ever DnD'd) and she invited me along so I could meet her friends. Was fun, she and I played the rogue together (there were only characters for 5 people and we had 6 players) :D
Highlight: the evil orc priest that was the endboss chugged down an invisibility potion at 1 HP and started retreating back to his lair (where we later found he had a variety of scrolls that would have mad things harder had he gotten to use them - cure wounds, summon monster etc.)
However, he'd forgotten that our cleric had cast a light spell on him, so we could actually still see him because he was giving off light. So our mage just finished him with a burning hands scroll. :ghost:
Pathfinder is great. :D
I need to sort out a campaign for my Wife, Sister and her BF. :V
Might need to find a fourth for that though... :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Dinosawer wrote: However, he'd forgotten that our cleric had cast a light spell on him, so we could actually still see him because he was giving off light. So our mage just finished him with a burning hands scroll. :ghost:
Reasons why you gotta love DnD: ^This :lol:

We once tried to figure out a way over a ravine in a cave. The ravine was 4m wide and we had a rope that was (really sneaky there GM) 4m long. So...yeah. No way to attach the rope anywhere. We asked if there were any stalactites where we could lasso the rope around and reach the other side if we could go down the ravine, walk around it or anything. We asked if the mage could use levitation, or if the cave was high enough for a long jump with a pole. We sat there for nearly 20 minutes, and in the end, no one knew a solution. In the end I said, that I would try to throw my torch to the other side to see, if there was anything useful on the other side. I rolled on dexterity, rolled something too low and already thought "Great. Now I lost my torch" but the DM said, I quote "You throw the only stalagmite on the other side of the ravine. The torch bounces off the stalagmite and in a high bow comes back into your direction. The torch lands in the middle of the ravine on what looks like an invisible bridge with a high "ping" tone, at the same height as the cliff you are standing on." and we all just sat there and looked like the GM just told us, that the dinosaurs still exist. He had a hard time to not stop laughing out loud. :lol:
Nothing to see here

Online Now