Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Things That Made You Happy Today

JanB1 wrote:Completed a 2x40 march this weekend. Man, the emotions when we (group of about 40, in a column-of-four, with 2 guidon and a flag at the front, all marching in step the last 100m and singing loudly) finally reached the finish. The situation gave me shivers! It fantastic. I afterwards took a shower while sitting on a chair because my feet hurt so much (we walked with 6km/h and my shoes weren't optimal, my ball of the foot got kinda crushed), but it was worth it. Today my right hip joint hurts a little as well as my knees, but I'm so proud of myself. :mrgreen:
I'm sighing wistfully right now at the fantasy of (roughly) replicating this experience in Factorio MP with a tank column. :mrgreen: :squirrel:
And I'll heartily agree that successfully singing loudly in chorus is supremely exhilarating. :angel:
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Baile nam Fonn wrote:
JanB1 wrote:Completed a 2x40 march this weekend. Man, the emotions when we (group of about 40, in a column-of-four, with 2 guidon and a flag at the front, all marching in step the last 100m and singing loudly) finally reached the finish. The situation gave me shivers! It fantastic. I afterwards took a shower while sitting on a chair because my feet hurt so much (we walked with 6km/h and my shoes weren't optimal, my ball of the foot got kinda crushed), but it was worth it. Today my right hip joint hurts a little as well as my knees, but I'm so proud of myself. :mrgreen:
I'm sighing wistfully right now at the fantasy of (roughly) replicating this experience in Factorio MP with a tank column. :mrgreen: :squirrel:
And I'll heartily agree that successfully singing loudly in chorus is supremely exhilarating. :angel:
I'm in for the tank stuff. :mrgreen:

And the singing was so cool! :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

IronDuke wrote:Went on a hike on Saturday. Had an absolute blast, and would not trade my glaring sunburn for a hundred bucks. :D :squirrel: :train: :mrgreen: :twisted: :wave:

--IronDuke
That's why I had a nice tube of suncream in the leg pocket of my army cargo pants during the march. And used before the march and frequently during the march. :mrgreen:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Baile nam Fonn wrote:Really good first day on the new job. They like some of my welds. :mrgreen:
And even I gloated over a few of them, too. :D

It's a long road to Legendary Welder, but my body is ready.
WELD ALL THE THINGS!
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Baile nam Fonn wrote:Really good first day on the new job. They like some of my welds. :mrgreen:
And even I gloated over a few of them, too. :D

It's a long road to Legendary Welder, but my body is ready.
Congrats! :mrgreen:

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Baile nam Fonn wrote: It's a long road to Legendary Welder, but my body is ready.
i have no idea what you are doing with that welding equipment.
but it appears like you are doing it wrong :ghost:
I agree on this one with you. Baile, only weld inorganic things, please. :ghost:
Nothing to see here

(Double post, I know. But it doesn't fit into the previous one. It's on topic!)
Romantically Apocalyptic wrote: "GUM! GUM! STICK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SHOES! SHOES WON'T STEP ON ROACHES, ROACHES WON'T ATTACK THE EXTERMINATOR, EXTERMINATOR WON'T EXTERMINATE RATS, RATS WON'T COOK FOR FOOD CRITIC, FOOD CRITIC WON'T..."
-------------------------------------
"Is this story actually going somewhere?" Snippy inquired. "Because it sure feels like it won't ever end."

"If you keep interrupting me, you shall learn nothing of value. I have yet to tell you about Dentures, Dentist, and G-Directorate sweetener!" I wiggled my head at Snippey.

"Can you just skip the quest for the knife and get to the point where you meet Captain?" Snippy asked.

"Fine!" I beeped and winded the cookie forward.
-------------------------------------

The G-SUPERCENTER burned. Pillars of smoke rose into the sky. Dex fire-brigade units were struggling to contain the inferno.
Crowds of Users dressed up as various insects sung songs of "Escalator to heaven", holding hands.
I held the Swiss-knife in my teeth, slicing through the graphite tape.
"CONGRATULATIONS ON TAKING A STEP TO BRING DOWN ZEE SYSTEM, FRIEND." A voice from behind me spoke.
"HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN ME ON A GRAND ADVENTURE AT THE END OF THE WORLD?"
You gotta love Romantically Apocalyptic. I met the artist at a convention a few weeks ago, he's such a cool/great guy. :mrgreen:
Nothing to see here

Cody wrote:Lamb (...)
:sick:

Glad you enjoyed you lamplamb. I can't stand the taste of it. Dunno why. Heard, that it's delicious before. But oh well...

Edit: Thanks Dino, for pointing out my spelling mistakes. As you always do. With nice pictures. :roll: :ghost:
Last edited by JanB1 on Thu May 25, 2017 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to see here

Online Now