Things That Made You Happy Today

Just what it sounds like.

Re: Things That Made You Happy Today

Postby Grumblesaur » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:58 pm

FormalMoss wrote:So, long story short? I am glad to have my health somewhat back to normal.
I'm still not 100%, as for dinner I had a child's portion of a chicken curry, and even with that I only ate a small amount of rice and very little chicken.
(This is a plus, as yesterday, I couldn't even fathom taking more than one bite of toast.)

What plagues you so?
Grumblesaur

Postby Slymodi » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:46 am

New Kung Fu Kenny
DARKNESS CANNOT DRIVE OUT DARKNESS
Slymodi
Rear Admiral

Postby JanB1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:56 am

FormalMoss wrote:Being able to sit on the throne and have a stool that was solid.

It's amazing, when things go real bad, and your health is one of them, it's amazing how the world seems to get oh so much smaller.
Lets go back a few days (Friday), I was in a clinic having an exploded cyst removed (think of a party popper) from the back of my head (outside my skull btw). I was given a double dose of penicillin by the doctor, and sent on my way home. All was grand..
Until Saturday morning when I barfed, and from there I couldn't keep any liquids inside of me, and it even got to the point where I was losing far more liquids than I could take in.
That's when I called the ambulance who after informing me that a side effect of the penicillin is diarrhoea, brought me to the nearest hospital who then attached a saline solution to my arm to replenish my system. After 2 hours I left to go home, as I had another 4 hour wait ahead of me before a doctor would see me (and I'd eaten nothing, and couldn't fall asleep).
Today, has been good. Easter Sunday, driving around Dublin trying to look for an open Pharmacy. :D The hunt was successful, and I was able to obtain Imodium (and not Motilium, which I already had, but was largely ineffective).
I found one in Naas, but that was after a big detour as there was a festival in the town. Chocolate was (and still is) the last thing on my mind :)

So, long story short? I am glad to have my health somewhat back to normal.
I'm still not 100%, as for dinner I had a child's portion of a chicken curry, and even with that I only ate a small amount of rice and very little chicken.
(This is a plus, as yesterday, I couldn't even fathom taking more than one bite of toast.)

Good to hear you're on the way to get healty again. :thumbup:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
JanB1
Rear Admiral

Postby FormalMoss » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:35 pm

Grumblesaur wrote:
FormalMoss wrote:So, long story short? I am glad to have my health somewhat back to normal.

What plagues you so?

It was chronic dehydration due to diarrhoea, which was a side effect from the penicillin i was prescribed after having an exploded cyst removed from the back of my head.
Losing more liquids than i could consume.
Stomach acids were coming out, which was painful, but also cleaned my toilet!!
Not an enjoyable experience to say the least.
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss
Captain

Postby Cody » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:28 pm

I take it you'll be wary of penicillin in future. I'm allergic to the stuff.
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous! Got me?
Cody
Commander

Postby FormalMoss » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Cody wrote:I take it you'll be wary of penicillin in future. I'm allergic to the stuff.

Not really, only if they specifically say that their side effects cause diarrhoea.
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss
Captain

Postby JanB1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:02 am

FormalMoss wrote:Stomach acids were coming out, which was painful, but also cleaned my toilet!!!

Then you haven't reached the worst. The worst is, when you threw up so much, that there aren't even stomach acids left, and you start throwing up yellow/greenish, absolutely bitter Bile. THAT is when you experienced the WORST! I think I acid-burned my throat at least three times in the past when I was sick or because of other reasons. And one time I threw up bile. And the taste of that made me throw up even more, but there was absolutely nothing left, and it's just stomach cramps, not being able to breath and so much pain.

So yeah, glad you skipped that part and that your toilet is cleaned. :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
JanB1
Rear Admiral

Postby FormalMoss » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:58 am

JanB1 wrote:
FormalMoss wrote:Stomach acids were coming out, which was painful, but also cleaned my toilet!!!

Then you haven't reached the worst. The worst is, when you threw up so much, that there aren't even stomach acids left, and you start throwing up yellow/greenish, absolutely bitter Bile. THAT is when you experienced the WORST! I think I acid-burned my throat at least three times in the past when I was sick or because of other reasons. And one time I threw up bile. And the taste of that made me throw up even more, but there was absolutely nothing left, and it's just stomach cramps, not being able to breath and so much pain.

So yeah, glad you skipped that part and that your toilet is cleaned. :D

Eek! That's awful, and frightening Jan.
Hope you never have to experience that again.
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss
Captain

Postby IronDuke » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Spoilers for the movie Serenity, apparently. Not sure how. :ghost:
Spoiler:      SHOW
River Tam is rather awesomely glorious. :squirrel:

pow pow thwack thud

--IronDuke
Last edited by IronDuke on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moving toward the future at 60 minutes per hour.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick
IronDuke
Rear Admiral

Location: The other end of the weapons barrage that's killing you. :3

Postby Talvieno » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:02 pm

Shh, that's spoilers. You should spoiler that for people that haven't watched firefly/serenity still. (Like Dino, who I've been telling to watch it for years now)
Have a question? Send me a PM!
Talvieno
Community Manager

Postby Dinosawer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:07 pm

Oh but I have watched Firefly by now, a few months ago. Serenity not yet because apparently I didn't have it though I thought I did.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Dinosawer
Admiral

Postby JanB1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:45 am

You guys. But it was yesterday. And nearly every day since the 4th of March 2017. :D
Nothing to see here

JanB1
Rear Admiral

Postby Talvieno » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:44 am

Dinosawer wrote:Oh but I have watched Firefly by now, a few months ago. Serenity not yet because apparently I didn't have it though I thought I did.

This has made me happy today.

Isn't it awesome?!?!? :D :D :D
Talvieno
Community Manager

Postby Dinosawer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:48 am

It is! But it's missing season 2 till 6 or so, the plot ends a bit, well, not-ending. :ghost:
(I assume they try to fix that in Serenity, which I shall do effort to acquire )
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Dinosawer
Admiral

Postby Talvieno » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:34 am

It does. It wraps everything up.
Talvieno
Community Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Everything & Anything