Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Things That Made You Happy Today

So, eventful weekend. :mrgreen:
GF and I are gonna get a house together, so the past few weeks we've been scouring pretty much all house ads in the city we want to go live in, and eventually went to see our favourite candidate.
Turns out it was indeed pretty much exactly what we were looking for: pretty much freestanding (joined to the neighbour by the garages, houses themselves are separated, separate from the neighbour on the other side), garden, very quiet neighbourhood, not too small, several bedrooms, recent, so electricity and isolation are up to modern standards (lots of very old houses here that need a full renovation if you buy them. Like, legally need, you're legally obliged to redo electricity). No damage anywhere either. Near the train station and the road I need to take for work.
Price normal for what it is, but affordable for us. Only downside it we can only move in in December.
There were other bidders, but for some reason the sellers seemed to like us a lot more, cause they said if we did a bid and were willing to put it on paper it was ours.
(Well, aside from us being nice there were some good reasons, we'd already been to the bank so we know for sure we can get a loan for this, and for us it isn't a big deal if the move date slips by a few weeks, which could happen, they're waiting for their next home to be built)
So, after some discussion with our parents we did a bid and tonight we're gonna sign the papers :D
(And yes, don't worry, I know what needs to be in the contract so we aren't screwed and we're gonna read it veeeery thoroughly :) but I'm a pretty good judge of character and they weren't really the conning type )

*is excited*
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Thanks guys :D
Papers have been signed, as I expected they were very nice and reasonable and wanted to put everything clear on paper themselves to protect our position as buyers as much as possible.
So, no we only have to get a notary, get him to validate the contract (well I mean, it's already valid, but it's best to let it get checked), go to banks to get a good loan (getting one in the first place isn't hard for us but the trick is to let them outbid eachother so we get a good interest rate ;) ), then wait till the notaries are done, go sign the eventual papers, and then in january normally we can move in.
Yeah we still have some work to do :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Caves of Qud patch notes wrote: [..]
  • Canned Have-It-All no longer contains neutron flux. This means that cooking with canned Have-It-All no longer has the chance to cause critical gravitational collapse. The makers of canned Have-It-All realize this change to their formula renders their product in violation of advertising law, but "canned Have-Most-of-It" didn't do as well in market research, so they're willing to take their chances in court.
[..]
Caves of Qud patch note comments wrote:Canned Had-It-All. :(
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Online Now