Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Things That Made You Happy Today

Charley_Deallus wrote:I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!! HOLY SH*T FINALLY! I practically doubled my income (ok maybe increased it by like 60%) and can finally afford my own place, new clothes, dress clothes that actually fit me, shoes, etc! I am so happy I could cry if I wasn't such a thick skinned S.O.B. :ghost:
BOOOM! :thumbup:
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

JanB1 wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Flatfingers wrote: Playing on a new machine with decent CPU/GPU/RAM? Wow. I can appreciate why you'd be happy about that, Cornflakes!

Now try Crysis on "Ultra." :D
I got a new graphics card :D

I posted the link a few posts up.
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nv ... 3155vs2166

Old card vs new card :D

Which crysis? Crysis 1 ran on max setting on the old one aithout problems.
Its not really a benchmark anymore :(
Try Crisis 3 in the grassy environment with the invisible enemies. ;)
just tested it, 25-30 fps on "everything at max".
not great, but theres a ton of things i could tone down without losing much quality but getting a lot of frames.

Charley_Deallus wrote:I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!! HOLY SH*T FINALLY! I practically doubled my income (ok maybe increased it by like 60%) and can finally afford my own place, new clothes, dress clothes that actually fit me, shoes, etc! I am so happy I could cry if I wasn't such a thick skinned S.O.B. :ghost:
Congrats man! :D

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
JanB1 wrote: Try Crisis 3 in the grassy environment with the invisible enemies. ;)
just tested it, 25-30 fps on "everything at max".
not great, but theres a ton of things i could tone down without losing much quality but getting a lot of frames.
Heh. See? Told you this is a good one. :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Ordered a new graphics card.

Should arrive in "2 business days."
I ordered it on today, Thursday night...
Tomorrow is Friday, a business day.
Day after is Saturday, a not business day.
Day after that is Sunday, also a not business day.
Day after that is Monday, a business day.

Fingers crossed that Amazon can be evil and cruel on their employees and I get the card before Monday. :D :ghost:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Detritus wrote:Ordered a new graphics card.

Should arrive in "2 business days."
I ordered it on today, Thursday night...
Tomorrow is Friday, a business day.
Day after is Saturday, a not business day.
Day after that is Sunday, also a not business day.
Day after that is Monday, a business day.

Fingers crossed that Amazon can be evil and cruel on their employees and I get the card before Monday. :D :ghost:
Just going by NZ standards.
Gets picked up same day if put up before 3/4 pm. And arrives at the local courier storage.
Gets shipped overnight to the storage nearest you.
Gets shipped out on the next business day to you. Usually hitting residential addresses in the afternoon. (Business ones in the morning)
So yes, expect Monday.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Got my drivers license today. It's about time... :shifty:

Edit: No, I didn't fail the driving test over and over before. I just didn't need a license until now, but now it started to bug me and I wanted to finally do it. Took me 2 months preparation (1-2 driving lessons each week). Today at 8:15 am was the test. Nailed it on first try. :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Sorry for double post, but I kinda have to put this in a separate one:

The switch from my 1TB WD green to my 2TB WD black went fine.

I made a mirror of the first to the later with the help of the "SystemRescuedCd" Linux system that I put on a USB-Stick and made it bootable, all with the help of Unetbootin. After that it was just a case of "dd" and let it work for 8 hours to copy the 1TB at a speed of about 27MB/s.

But the "new" 2TB WD black is a little loud at writing/reading, contacted support about it, they said they too find it a bit odd. But it still should be within the warranty time, cuz blacks have a 5 year warranty (at least the support tech told me).

So yeah. It's workin. Still some work ahead, but it's workin. :D
Nothing to see here

Online Now