Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Things That Made You Happy Today

Katorone has offered hosting services for Goatbot, complete with FAR more bandwidth than I have at home, so a fully fledged Goatbot Release Two is looking promising! :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);
Re: Things That Made You Happy Today

Shadow Warrior 2 finally has a release date, being scheduled to arrive on October 13. And, by all that's edged, bladed and righteous, I do crave some more Wang in my life!

The 2013 remake was something of a surprise hit for me, and the new version looks rather swell. Coop could be fun as well, sadly I have no friends* my circle of acquaintances sucks when it comes to slaying monsters for fun and profit.

-Hardenberg

* = Hardenbergian definition of a friend: "Someone who'll help you hide the body." By that definition, I have indeed no friends.
Hardenberg was my name
And Terra was my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Re: Things That Made You Happy Labor Day Weekend

My girlfriend visited me.

We've been together for almost two years now, and never once met in person because we live across the country from each other; our relationship has been entirely Internet-based. We met on Reddit, migrated to Chatzy, and then to Skype after she grew more comfortable with video calls.

Last Friday night we finally met for the first time near my home. It was the most amazing thing I think I've ever experienced. She'd gotten a hotel room, and we ended up staying there together. Went out to eat several times over the weekend at various nearby eateries, played games at the hotel room, went shopping at different places like bookstores, and even went to the Tennessee Aquarium. Some of you may remember Josh mentioning going there a couple years ago. It was absolutely awesome: stingrays, a huge butterfly-filled greenhouse, giant sea turtles, sharks, jellyfish, river otters and more.
Spoiler:      SHOW
Despite everyone I've known saying "people you meet online are different in person", I have to disagree. My girlfriend turned out to be exactly the sweet lass I'd met online two years ago, and the weekend was near-constant bliss. There wasn't a single awkward moment or unwelcome revelation. I don't really think I've ever been happier. She's gone again now, back to where she lives, but the feeling still lingers. I hope we'll get to meet up again soon.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now