Return to “Everything & Anything”

Retroshare

A few others from the forum and me are currently playing around with retroshare

retroshare is a peer to peer / friend to friend networking application which is able to do chat, VOIP, email, forums, file sharing etc

it makes heavy encryption using keys which are exchanged between every users, you have to give your key to the friend you want to add, and vice versa.

so every connection is protected.

we have our own isolated network with stuff flowing around between us

if someone wants to join, shoot me a PM and we'll look into getting you connected :)
Last edited by Cornflakes_91 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Retroshare

BFett wrote:So, what features do you guys use of this program? How is it different from steam group chat?

I might get it, but I want to make sure I'd use it.
^That is basically what I am thinking. Seeing as how my post in this topic was a sarcastic joke :p
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus
Re: Retroshare

Charley_Deallus wrote:
BFett wrote:So, what features do you guys use of this program? How is it different from steam group chat?

I might get it, but I want to make sure I'd use it.
^That is basically what I am thinking. Seeing as how my post in this topic was a sarcastic joke :p

Well, it started with naed wanting to give me his massive comic collection, and then talv stumbled in while we were at it and then it escalated :ghost:

*looks up forum rules*
Nope, nr5 does allow me talking about that :mrgreen:

atm are music, ebook, comic etc.. libaries fighting for a new equilibrium state, as files are flowing around.

The other options of RS are not really used (besides chat) as we all are not yet accustomed to it, usage will likely expand though

Online Now