Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Happy birthday celebration thread

Talvieno wrote:That's typically what people do when they celebrate, Jan. ;)
No, they don't. They don't scream it out at top of their lungs.

I like it when you say it calmly, but from the bottom of your heart rather than SCREAMING IT THROUGH THE ROOM because that would make me really, really uncomfortable.
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Talvieno wrote:Well, I never said I was screaming. :lol: I didn't use all caps, after all.
Pffshh. How would you call that then?

Talvieno wrote: Also, *makes mental note to never go to one of Jan's parties, because they sound quite somber* :ghost:
Hey! They're not somber! They're great. I have friends around, there's delicious food, we make jokes and have fun and there's alcohol too. t's just not like my friends sit all around a table and sing "Happy Birthday" while I sit in front of a cake with candles on it.
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

JanB1 wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Well, I never said I was screaming. :lol: I didn't use all caps, after all.
Pffshh. How would you call that then?
Talking loudly in celebratory greeting. :)

JanB1 wrote:
Talvieno wrote: Also, *makes mental note to never go to one of Jan's parties, because they sound quite somber* :ghost:
Hey! They're not somber! They're great. I have friends around, there's delicious food, we make jokes and have fun and there's alcohol too. t's just not like my friends sit all around a table and sing "Happy Birthday" while I sit in front of a cake with candles on it.
Now, that sounds like a party I could have fun with. Kinda hard to get those same feelings across on a forum, though, isn't it? That's part of why I include a picture of a themed birthday cake when I can... but in this particular instance, I couldn't. Grumble and Alpan are pretty cool, though, and, being in a good mood, I wanted to give them something a little more cheerful/excited/celebrate-ish than "Woo, gratz guys". Large font was my solution. :P
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote: Now, that sounds like a party I could have fun with. Kinda hard to get those same feelings across on a forum, though, isn't it? That's part of why I include a picture of a themed birthday cake when I can... but in this particular instance, I couldn't. Grumble and Alpan are pretty cool, though, and, being in a good mood, I wanted to give them something a little more cheerful/excited/celebrate-ish than "Woo, gratz guys". Large font was my solution. :P
Ah, okay. Well, that's really nice of you.

@Alpan and Grumble: I wish you a really nice birthday lads.

And @Tal: Imagine a table that looks kinda like this...
Spoiler:      SHOW
Nothing to see here

JanB1 wrote:
Talvieno wrote:That's typically what people do when they celebrate, Jan. ;)
No, they don't. They don't scream it out at top of their lungs.

I like it when you say it calmly, but from the bottom of your heart rather than SCREAMING IT THROUGH THE ROOM because that would make me really, really uncomfortable.
I say it loudly. Really loudly. Especially if it's someone I like. :squirrel:

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Online Now