Return to “Everything & Anything”

Forum captcha

Hi, just a small thing I would point out, the included captchas with phpbb3 are broken, that is spam bots will hammer this place in time, I suggest you use the included question and answer captcha module, but come up with questions yourself, don't use maths questions or stuff that can be easy googled, just a thought, and maybe later on, you might want to start thinking of adding forum mods to help control the spam, if any do get though

just a heads up before the spam bots get here
Re: Forum captcha

matthewfarmery wrote:Hi, just a small thing I would point out, the included captchas with phpbb3 are broken, that is spam bots will hammer this place in time, I suggest you use the included question and answer captcha module, but come up with questions yourself, don't use maths questions or stuff that can be easy googled, just a thought, and maybe later on, you might want to start thinking of adding forum mods to help control the spam, if any do get though

just a heads up before the spam bots get here

He is right ! I used to run a phpbb forum and we got hundreds each day. Then I put an initial screen on registration that asked them to type the 2nd letter of the word dragon and that stopped it dead. I have no longer those code changes unfortunately.

Necro'ing the oldest thread in Everything and Anything section. :ghost:

Direct all your rage to this thread here. :twisted:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Flatfingers wrote:You are truly desperate for forum activity.
I can only respect that.
Yes, I got bored. :ghost:
Talvieno wrote:No, Flat, I think he's desperate for a ban. :lol: ;)
... :think: Point taken. :oops:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Online Now