Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: The 'What are you reading?' thread!

At the moment I'm reading Scout's Progress, Part of the Liaden series by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. If you can soldier through the romance subplot, it's actually not bad space opera.

Before that I was re-reading the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher, something I try to do every time he releases a new book (this time it was Cold Days). Great series. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Next, I'm really looking forward to reading A Memory of Light, which I have on pre-order. :D
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

I've got a few on the go at the moment. Can never seem to just read one through without starting another :D

'Leviathan Wakes' by James S.A. Corey. A sci-fi space opera.
'Dawn of Empire' by Sam Barone. I think this falls under historical fiction.

Now onto the controversial bit! I know you asked what are we reading but I love audio books too much to not include them in this list. :lol:

I'm listening to 'The Stand' by Stephen King which as many of you may know is a post apocalyptic survival story.
Also got 'The Great North Road' by Peter F Hamilton on the go.

That's pretty much it for this week....
Last edited by lawlor on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

lawlor wrote:I've got a few on the go at the moment. Can never seem to just read one through without starting another :D

'Leviathan Wakes' by James S.A. Corey. A sci-fi space opera.
'Dawn of Empire' by Conn Iggulden. I think this falls under historical fiction.

Now onto the controversial bit! I know you asked what are we reading but I love audio books too much to not include them in this list. :lol:

I'm listening to 'The Stand' by Stephen King which as many of you may know is a post apocalyptic survival story.
Also got 'The Great North Road' by Peter F Hamilton on the go.

That's pretty much it for this week....
The Stand is probably my favorite King book, along with a few of the Dark Tower ones and Gerald's Game.

I've heard of Conn Iggulden, a patron at the library here is nuts for that kinda stuff and has been obsessively tracking those books down through us x3

I just finished two trilogies by Michael Hicks. In Her name, The Last War and In Her Name, Redemption. The two take place about 100 years apart but follow the same time line. I'm also following the Lost Fleet series by Jack Campbell whitch is followed by a series called The Lost fleet, Beyond The Frontier. The last book I read was the most recent installment of the Kriss longknife series by Mike Shephard. I also have read almost everything writen by David Weber, John Ringo and Harry Turtledove.
Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I have seen, it seem to me most strange, that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.

Gunther Haldan wrote:I just finished two trilogies by Michael Hicks. In Her name, The Last War and In Her Name, Redemption. The two take place about 100 years apart but follow the same time line. I'm also following the Lost Fleet series by Jack Campbell whitch is followed by a series called The Lost fleet, Beyond The Frontier. The last book I read was the most recent installment of the Kriss longknife series by Mike Shephard. I also have read almost everything writen by David Weber, John Ringo and Harry Turtledove.
I've read the Lost Fleet. Didn't know there was a sequel series - I'll have to look it up. Thanks for the tip.

Also, Honor Harrington is awesome. That is all.
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Online Now