Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: You Know You're Addicted to LT When...

Scytale wrote:Haha really? I'd always thought """ was exclusively used for documentation purposes. I've only recently got into the habit of using it in appropriate places. I just used to add sarcastic inline comments ad nauseum at the top of respective source files
In fairness, most of my commenting is for documentation purposes.
Games I like, in order of how much I like them. (Now permanent and updated regularly!)

157. When you use Josh's personal blog as an inspiration for some ideas for a senior research project.

Procedural music seems really cool, and I wanted to do my 2 year cap-stone-esque project on it (I wanted to try to generate music making algorithms, and "cross pollinate" the results to get weird genre bending stuff. Go genetic programming!), but ended up getting sidetracked into doing something else. I definitely want to try my hand at it someday, because it would be cool to just click a button and get legitimately interesting music. The applications for never ending streams of ambient music, are uh, endless. :P
Libertas per Technica

DigitalDuck wrote: I know quite a few languages but that one apparently passed right by. A # for a comment is news for me.
Python, Ruby, Bash, Perl, and Julia all use the # for delimiting comments.
BFett wrote:Lua code according to Notepad++

Code: Select all

// This is much more common for a programming comment
HTML uses <!--Comment-->
No. Lua uses -- for comments, along with Haskell and Ada.

// is only used by C-like languages for the most part.

I learned all this by writing a Python script that could count lines of code in different languages.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Online Now