Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Rocket Launches

You can rewatch here by going to the 15 minute mark.
Word on twitter is that stage 1 hit the barge, but again too hard. Waiting for confirmation.
Edit: confirmed:
Ascent successful. Dragon enroute to Space Station. Rocket landed on droneship, but too hard for survival.
Last edited by Dinosawer on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Talvieno wrote:That barge must be built pretty tough if they have something to bring back to port after that. :wtf: Very cool!!! It also looks like the lateral thrusters at the top weren't quite strong enough... but that could've been solved by better precision thrust vectoring.
nah... they overcompensated... the thrust vectoring has enough precision, but the last lateral shove was too much.

Regarding this attempt I read an entry on tagesschau.de about it. It's the website of the Germany's first public broadcasting network and it should be a reference in objective journalism (or at least some sort of objectivism). I couldn't believe what I read there. They put it in a sense of "the idiots crashed the thing again, what a waste of time and resources". I mean, yeah, it didn't go 100% as planned, but we're talking about pioneer work here. At the time I've read it there weren't any comments on the entry, so I can't say if others were so baffled about it... :shock:

Anyway, I think these people are doing a great job and hope for the best for their next try :thumbup:
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Online Now