Return to “Everything & Anything”

StuG III Ausf D Restoration

There's a guy in England restoring a StuG III Ausf D. I've been following his progress on Facebook for a while now and thought I'd share it with the rest of you. Here's the link to the restoration Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/StugIIIAusfDRestoration
Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I have seen, it seem to me most strange, that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.
Re: StuG III Ausf D Restoration

Mistycica wrote:Image This is some next level Wehraboo stuff :D

Super impressive. Boxtenks <3
That looks like a Tiger II. :think:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Idunno wrote: That looks like a Tiger II. :think:
Tiger I, very definitely. Have a comparison in case you were serious, Tiger I (early) closer, Tiger II (production turret) back: Image
My pic was just a general reaction image if anything :3

*While we are on this topic, this is really neat - liberal imagination of a post-war nazi boxtenk.
panic

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
HappyGhecko wrote:good find!
theres nothing more interesting then tanks :clap:

there is, tanks which arent outdated by 60 years ;)
i never said "nothing more interesting then old tanks" :roll:

i like tanks in all shapes and sizes (and ages) ;) (except for the M3 Lee i hate that thing for no valuable reason)
More people want exploding kittens than exploding ships. Somehow, this makes me happy.
- credits go to dwmagus

Cornflakes_91 wrote:

Old things are prettier! And vehicles that pioneered modern design never stop being fun. I just can't help but squee at the sight of torsion bars, yanno?
They just seem like rugged but haphazard boxes of metal, modern AFVs just don't do the magic for me. Too much flashy stuff! Though I kinda have to appreciate what a cool explosive-punk world we live in currently, taking gunpowder operate mass drivers to the next level :lol:

Gosh I'd love a book with this Earth being described as a weird punk-punk setting.
panic

Mistycica wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:

Old things are prettier! And vehicles that pioneered modern design never stop being fun. I just can't help but squee at the sight of torsion bars, yanno?
They just seem like rugged but haphazard boxes of metal, modern AFVs just don't do the magic for me. Too much flashy stuff! Though I kinda have to appreciate what a cool explosive-punk world we live in currently, taking gunpowder operate mass drivers to the next level :lol:

Gosh I'd love a book with this Earth being described as a weird punk-punk setting.
Nothing better then a Tank from WWII. Seriously, they looked like something that belonged on a battlefield. It doesn't help that they usually came in bulk. :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

I've been playing World of Tanks for about 15 months now so when The Mighty Jingles ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpnjlv ... JuGNo_TxkQ ) mentioned this on his Facebook page I started following the restoration. I've always loved WWII German armor so this peeked my interest pretty fast. I'm also playing Ground War: Tanks. It's like Jr. Varsity WoT. The matches are 7 on 7 and usually last less than 5 minuets.
Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I have seen, it seem to me most strange, that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.

Online Now