Return to “Everything & Anything”

I DID IT ! Thank you Josh

Hi Guys,

Maybe you don't care at all what i'm about to say but I desperately need to say it. I've slept just a couple of hours each night for almost two weeks. It's been months since I enjoy a party with my friends. More than three years that my mind is obsessed, at each hour of the day or of the night, by only ONE thing.

This thing is my phd thesis. And now, as I'm writing this line, I just finished to write it down. Why do I come here and say this? Because, this is partly thanks to you Josh. By the devlog and the (not-so) monthly update I notices how dedicated one can be to something. It gives me strenght, motivation ... in fact, it gives me a holy shit of a kick in the ass.

Now, I'm standing proud because I challenge myself to finish my thesis before the next update... And I did it and... this is thanks to you to :D.

So now, I'm going to lie in bed and wait until morning (middle of the night here), because I know I won't be able to sleep. I'm too excited, too thrilled, too full of promises for the future. And mostly, too full of cafeine.
Are you trying to scan my signature ?
Re: I DID IT ! Thank you Josh

Diegetisor wrote:Hi Guys,

Maybe you don't care at all what i'm about to say but I desperately need to say it. I've slept just a couple of hours each night for almost two weeks. It's been months since I enjoy a party with my friends. More than three years that my mind is obsessed, at each hour of the day or of the night, by only ONE thing.

This thing is my phd thesis. And now, as I'm writing this line, I just finished to write it down. Why do I come here and say this? Because, this is partly thanks to you Josh. By the devlog and the (not-so) monthly update I notices how dedicated one can be to something. It gives me strenght, motivation ... in fact, it gives me a holy shit of a kick in the ass.

Now, I'm standing proud because I challenge myself to finish my thesis before the next update... And I did it and... this is thanks to you to :D.

So now, I'm going to lie in bed and wait until morning (middle of the night here), because I know I won't be able to sleep. I'm too excited, too thrilled, too full of promises for the future. And mostly, too full of cafeine.
Wow, that's so inspiring Diegetisor, very happy for you and happy if LT was a small part of that :D Congratulations!! :clap:

Get some well-deserved sleep when your mind allows! And do feel free to share a link with us when it's all said and done...even though I'm not sure what the subject is :ghost:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Bravo, Diegetisor!

That's a major undertaking, and you have every right to feel proud at having completed the biggest step toward a doctorate.

You know you've got a few more steps to go ;), but getting to this point should tell you that you can make it the rest of the way.

Best of luck to you, and be sure to give us the link to your thesis when it's published!

Thank you guys ! After sleeping a few hours, I have now to make the real hard work : the printing, and the binding :D.

My thesis is entitle "Scenarisation personnalisée dynamique dans les environnement virtuel pour la formation"... So as you can see, it's a french one (Is there anyone who still wants to see it? :p).
It could be translated as : "Dynamic personalised scenarisation in virtual environment for training". Basically the idea is "How can be generate on the fly a training scenario for complex domain (such as crisis management) in a constructivist paradigm" ?
I discuss the question of the trainee representation (how do we model what he/she knows how to do and he/she does not).
But I think you will be more interested by the following...
The question of the procedural generation of a state of the world according to some parameters and with respect to a domain model (describe through an ontology).
I also propose an automated process of diegetization (kind of a dynamic storyworld building) : recognition of plot in an open world simulation, and minimal adjustment to foster interesting plot lines.

Well, it was part of the explanation... The other part is that there is not so much to "choo" these days :p...

So now I've defended my Phd and I'm officially "Docteur en Informatique". It just feels so good. My area of expertise is scenario orchestration within virtual environment for training (quite specific, I grant it).

Online Now