Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT forum ART and Hobby Center

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:26 am
If you are going to go a hardish scifi route you may look at how various weapon systems have their effective range limited.
Laser weapons are limited by their wavelength and aperture size.
Projectile weapons are limited by how precisely they can actually fire
Thats a good suggestions, but I try to find a fine balance, its good to have some nice simulation but I do not tend to make it that complex just for the sake of realism. In gameplay terms it would be fine just to have "lasers are short-ranged" and "kinetics are not that accurate). Gameplay is the main focus for me, but it must "feel" a bit more real than in usual 4x games.
I̲̩̳̺̩̫n̵̻̘͚͖̗͎ͅ ͢J̜̬̗̦o̩̘̦̪͕͉ͅs͞h̞͘ ̯̹͈͙w̯̙̥e̱͉ ̬̙̘̭̯̦͕t̹͖͔̖͘r͚̠̰͍͚̹ụ̸̭͍͕̯̹̙s̩͓̼̲̲͉̹t̰.̴͈̖͙̜̲

We will never forget the "Heavenly hundred"
Failures lead to success.

It looks a bit flat, I think is what's coming to mind. I'm no artist though. :D I can intuitively tell if something looks a bit off, but I can't entirely tell what's off about it or how to improve it. The shading on the arms looks outstanding - almost realistic in a way (I could imagine it being a poseable figurine - especially the area around the elbows and middle of her arms) but the face leaves a little something to be desired.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:06 pm
It looks a bit flat, I think is what's coming to mind. I'm no artist though. :D I can intuitively tell if something looks a bit off, but I can't entirely tell what's off about it or how to improve it. The shading on the arms looks outstanding - almost realistic in a way (I could imagine it being a poseable figurine - especially the area around the elbows and middle of her arms) but the face leaves a little something to be desired.
Thanks, that helps :) I'll see if I can touch up the shading of the face somewhat.
Detritus wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:18 pm
Talvieno wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:06 pm
face leaves a little something to be desired.
To say nothing of the tail. :ghost:
I think that all the bare skin looks a little bit off. :D
In what way? It's supposed to be that colour if that's what you mean :P
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now