Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT forum ART and Hobby Center

I recorded a new piece on piano.

I guess it's technically my own arrangement too, but it's just a by-ear learning of the music box version of the original song.

EDIT: Additionally, the video is produced by a custom cellular automata-based procedural algorithm. As far as I can tell, it's aperiodic, or at least takes a very long time to die or repeat (more than a couple of hours at the speed it's running).
Games I like, in order of how much I like them. (Now permanent and updated regularly!)

Thanks guys! :)

Dino - I get the feeling you already know and are just asking to let me explain. :P But it's basically trial and error. They two teams throw things at each other to see what sticks, and attempt to beat each other. In fact, for a while at the start, the red team just sits there while the AI figures out how to control the ships well enough to actually land a hit. When they figure it out, the two highest scoring players (if green is the highest-scoring team, meaning they didn't do anything stupid) get their AIs "merged together" to form the basis for the next rounds.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Homebrewed, I guess you'd say. Very large arrays filled with numbers. They tweak the numbers and, by tweaking them, figure out which settings are the best. It learns quite well -- the trouble is coding it so that they learn what I want them to learn and not what they want to learn. For instance... a problem I came across last night is that they figured out that the enemy team scored points by blowing up their allied ships. They responded by deliberately attacking and destroying all but two of their ships to start with, so that the other team wouldn't have enough points to advance. It's a balance issue.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now