Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT forum ART and Hobby Center

So...
Aside from my DeviantArt I also have a YouTube channel upon which I place music.
However, due to lack of time, I haven't put anything on it in a loooong time (sorry Victor :( )
So the other day I was thinking, maybe I haven't got time to make videos, but just making the music tracks is less work!
So now I have a Soundcloud.

And there's already a song on it: Op Een Morgen In Mei, my favorite of my own compositions. (The recording is one of many I had lying around, I didn't record it now ;) )
So yeah, I'll probably put more stuff on that. Got plenty of recordings that just need some post-production work.
Although after uploading I noticed that apparently you're restricted to a total of 3 hours of music as a free user. I'm not exactly there yet, but it is a bit annoying. Is there a free Soundcloud alternative? :think:
Edit: And you can't put covers on it either. Hmmph.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

:)
Dinosawer wrote:So...
Aside from my DeviantArt I also have a YouTube channel upon which I place music.
However, due to lack of time, I haven't put anything on it in a loooong time (sorry Victor :( )
So the other day I was thinking, maybe I haven't got time to make videos, but just making the music tracks is less work!
So now I have a Soundcloud.

And there's already a song on it: Op Een Morgen In Mei, my favorite of my own compositions. (The recording is one of many I had lying around, I didn't record it now ;) )
So yeah, I'll probably put more stuff on that. Got plenty of recordings that just need some post-production work.
Yes, I have noticed your lack of commitment to that promise you made, Dinosawer. I do enjoy your guitar playing as you well know so anything new from you is likely to be of interest. :D Pehaps you could keep us informed here of what you are up to in future. :angel:
Talvieno wrote:Oh yeah, music. I do some of that on occasion. This was supposed to sound musicbox-like: click
:lol: You're into everything, Talvieno. :angel: You make my head spin at times with your boundless enthusiasm.

I enjoyed your short composition, thank you! :thumbup:

Victor Tombs wrote:Yes, I have noticed your lack of commitment to that promise you made, Dinosawer. I do enjoy your guitar playing as you well know so anything new from you is likely to be of interest. :D Pehaps you could keep us informed here of what you are up to in future. :angel:
I know :oops: I had suspected that the wish of recording before my mid-year vacation was likely to be in vain, because university, you know (I have exams in Januari). And that is combined with the fact that I first have to set up my recording hardware and software on this computer (I used to use our oldish laptop), which isn't something I have time for now :( Once that's done I hope it'll be easier to fit in a quick track recording in my free time (fingers crossed ;) )
However, I have plenty of already recorded tracks that I haven't put on youtube because they don't have an accompanying video, which I can put on SoundCloud now (properly finishing those up only takes a little while), so I should have enough to keep you happy until I have more time :lol:
I'll put them here when I do so. :)
Edit: I also enabled downloading on that track I linked there, in case people like it and want to keep it :)

Talvieno wrote:Oh yeah, music. I do some of that on occasion. This was supposed to sound musicbox-like: click
I'd share some of my stuff, but it's old and I haven't touched my equipment for almost a year now.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:
I'd share some of my stuff, but it's old and I haven't touched my equipment for almost a year now.
At least you have equipment. :P What do you have? All I've been doing is writing musical scores.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
DWMagus wrote:
At least you have equipment. :P What do you have? All I've been doing is writing musical scores.
Well, this is what I have. It ain't pretty, but it works. :oops:
That's a 7 year old inspiron 1410 in the middle.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.
Attachments
table desk.jpg
table desk.jpg (97.71 KiB) Viewed 2170 times

Nice! What kind of music did/do you make?

---
Also, I put a new thing on SoundCloud: Triomf Van De Blauwe Struisvogel. It doesn't really count as new because it was already on my Youtube, but I'd like to have all my own compositions on SoundCloud in the end. :)
(The title means "Triumph Of The Blue Ostrich", by the way)

Dinosawer wrote:Nice! What kind of music did/do you make?

---
Also, I put a new thing on SoundCloud: Triomf Van De Blauwe Struisvogel. It doesn't really count as new because it was already on my Youtube, but I'd like to have all my own compositions on SoundCloud in the end. :)
(The title means "Triumph Of The Blue Ostrich", by the way)
Nice stuff! I like it.

The stuff I've written is electronica mostly with a couple pieces from way back in the day when a friend wanted to make an old-skool RPG.

Dinosawer, your music is great, I fell in love with Op Een Morgen In Mei.
Its just great how diverse are your interests. Btw, music is probably the high queen of arts, even greater then drawing or anything, imho.
I cant draw without inspiration from music :oops:
I̲̩̳̺̩̫n̵̻̘͚͖̗͎ͅ ͢J̜̬̗̦o̩̘̦̪͕͉ͅs͞h̞͘ ̯̹͈͙w̯̙̥e̱͉ ̬̙̘̭̯̦͕t̹͖͔̖͘r͚̠̰͍͚̹ụ̸̭͍͕̯̹̙s̩͓̼̲̲͉̹t̰.̴͈̖͙̜̲

We will never forget the "Heavenly hundred"
Failures lead to success.

Victor Tombs wrote:
:lol: You're into everything, Talvieno. :angel: You make my head spin at times with your boundless enthusiasm.

I enjoyed your short composition, thank you! :thumbup:
I didn't see this at first. And yes, I'm interested in most things. In one of the more bizarre instances, I even managed to pick up an eye for women's fashion while doing research for a book I was writing. :shifty: I'm glad you liked it, though! It's not the work I would call my "best", but it's the one most easily retrieved.

DWMagus - that's not a bad setup at all! I used to know the name of that little button-covered piece of equipment, but it's escaped my mind... I know how it functions, at least. :P But still - very cool. Maybe if you get back into making music at some point, you could upgrade your Alesis to something a little bigger. :) Still not too shoddy by itself, of course - at least you're not playing on something ancient.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

My problem is that I need a newer laptop. That one is ancient by PC standards. Got it when it was new (August of 2008) and haven't upgraded it ever.

I'm hoping to snag a cheap but decent laptop on Craig's List after Christmas from people who are selling theirs.

The device is called a Launchpad. ;)

Shuul wrote:Dinosawer, your music is great, I fell in love with Op Een Morgen In Mei.
Its just great how diverse are your interests. Btw, music is probably the high queen of arts, even greater then drawing or anything, imho.
I cant draw without inspiration from music :oops:
Thanks a lot! :)

Another weekend, another song! A cover this time, no composition of mine. The Drunken Sailor/The Islay Ranter's Reel, a merging of two folk songs. Guitar and harmonica. Hope you like it ;)

Online Now