Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT forum ART and Hobby Center

Scytale wrote:Another one, in which I discover how much I like gothic cursive

You think you could do all letters and numbers, in capital and lowercase, along with basic punctuation?

Could possibly then use that as a base, vectorize them, and import them into a font. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
Scytale wrote:Another one, in which I discover how much I like gothic cursive

You think you could do all letters and numbers, in capital and lowercase, along with basic punctuation?

Could possibly then use that as a base, vectorize them, and import them into a font. :V
I was just about to suggest the same thing. Silver, if you need any help on the graphics editing side of that project please let me know (assuming Scytale agrees).

Wow you guys, I really appreciate the thoughts! I'd love to do that sample alphabet if you'll allow me some time to learn and practise it properly. This exercise was sort of experimental for me - a personal preview of scripts I'd like to learn more fully.

Also full disclosure, I didn't come up with that script: it's a gothic cursive, and this one's "implementation" is Julien Chazal's (a French calligrapher).

Scytale wrote:Wow you guys, I really appreciate the thoughts! I'd love to do that sample alphabet if you'll allow me some time to learn and practise it properly. This exercise was sort of experimental for me - a personal preview of scripts I'd like to learn more fully.

Also full disclosure, I didn't come up with that script: it's a gothic cursive, and this one's "implementation" is Julien Chazal's (a French calligrapher).
Bro, give it your own flare and we are allllll good. :V

And the offer to trace it into line art is open, for as long as diabetes doesn't kill me. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Silverware wrote:
Scytale wrote:Wow you guys, I really appreciate the thoughts! I'd love to do that sample alphabet if you'll allow me some time to learn and practise it properly. This exercise was sort of experimental for me - a personal preview of scripts I'd like to learn more fully.

And the offer to trace it into line art is open, for as long as diabetes doesn't kill me. :V
Well, he should write on a purely white paper then. With a really black ink. And make veeery high-resolution images. Would make it a lot easier for us. :D

PS. You have diabetes?! :o
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

JanB1 wrote:
Silverware wrote:

Well, he should write on a purely white paper then. With a really black ink. And make veeery high-resolution images. Would make it a lot easier for us. :D

PS. You have diabetes?! :o
No I am saying I'm fat and like to eat sugar. :ghost: It's gonna kill me. :ghost:

He can use any color paper, it's pretty easy to apply filters and contrast, but I would be doing the lines by hand to get them as perfect as possible. :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Silverware wrote: No I am saying I'm fat and like to eat sugar. :ghost: It's gonna kill me. :ghost:
Savage! :lol:
Silverware wrote: He can use any color paper, it's pretty easy to apply filters and contrast, but I would be doing the lines by hand to get them as perfect as possible. :D
Of course he could. But it's more work. :ghost:
But I want to use the algorithm of Inkscape to make pictures into vectors. :monkey:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Scytale wrote:Sounds good you guys. I'd be using india ink (very black - basically soot and water) on the whitest paper I can find. The ink doesn't pool as much as what I usually use and it dries opaque.
Perfectly. The sharper the edges, the better! And leave some space between the letters! And don't forget to write all the double/connected letters. :D
Nothing to see here

JanB1 wrote:
Scytale wrote:Sounds good you guys. I'd be using india ink (very black - basically soot and water) on the whitest paper I can find. The ink doesn't pool as much as what I usually use and it dries opaque.
Perfectly. The sharper the edges, the better! And leave some space between the letters! And don't forget to write all the double/connected letters. :D
:D connected letters are my favourite

There will have to be variations and everything. One possible issue is this script has a large variation in letter height due to those huge ascenders and descenders. Don't know how that would work if typed out as a typeface, but YOLO etc

Scytale wrote:
JanB1 wrote:
:D connected letters are my favourite

There will have to be variations and everything. One possible issue is this script has a large variation in letter height due to those huge ascenders and descenders. Don't know how that would work if typed out as a typeface, but YOLO etc
That shouldn't be a problem. gqpjy also have big variation from standard letters.
Nothing to see here

Online Now