LT forum ART and Hobby Center

Just what it sounds like.

Re: LT forum ART and Hobby Center

Postby Talvieno » Sun May 14, 2017 5:27 pm

Oooh, I really like that, Scytale! :thumbup: I'll have to read this one too.
Have a question? Send me a PM!
Talvieno
Community Manager

Postby Silverware » Sun May 14, 2017 5:46 pm

Scytale wrote:Another one, in which I discover how much I like gothic cursive

You think you could do all letters and numbers, in capital and lowercase, along with basic punctuation?

Could possibly then use that as a base, vectorize them, and import them into a font. :V
Silverware
Vice Admiral

Postby BFett » Sun May 14, 2017 7:10 pm

Silverware wrote:
Scytale wrote:Another one, in which I discover how much I like gothic cursive

You think you could do all letters and numbers, in capital and lowercase, along with basic punctuation?

Could possibly then use that as a base, vectorize them, and import them into a font. :V

I was just about to suggest the same thing. Silver, if you need any help on the graphics editing side of that project please let me know (assuming Scytale agrees).
BFett
Vice Admiral

Postby Silverware » Sun May 14, 2017 7:16 pm

To give it justice would require a lot of work :D but would be worth it imo. :D

Call it Gothictale :V
Silverware
Vice Admiral

Postby Scytale » Sun May 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Wow you guys, I really appreciate the thoughts! I'd love to do that sample alphabet if you'll allow me some time to learn and practise it properly. This exercise was sort of experimental for me - a personal preview of scripts I'd like to learn more fully.

Also full disclosure, I didn't come up with that script: it's a gothic cursive, and this one's "implementation" is Julien Chazal's (a French calligrapher).
Scytale
Vice Admiral

Postby Silverware » Sun May 14, 2017 10:11 pm

Scytale wrote:Wow you guys, I really appreciate the thoughts! I'd love to do that sample alphabet if you'll allow me some time to learn and practise it properly. This exercise was sort of experimental for me - a personal preview of scripts I'd like to learn more fully.

Also full disclosure, I didn't come up with that script: it's a gothic cursive, and this one's "implementation" is Julien Chazal's (a French calligrapher).

Bro, give it your own flare and we are allllll good. :V

And the offer to trace it into line art is open, for as long as diabetes doesn't kill me. :V
Silverware
Vice Admiral

Postby JanB1 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:32 am

Silverware wrote:
Scytale wrote:Wow you guys, I really appreciate the thoughts! I'd love to do that sample alphabet if you'll allow me some time to learn and practise it properly. This exercise was sort of experimental for me - a personal preview of scripts I'd like to learn more fully.

And the offer to trace it into line art is open, for as long as diabetes doesn't kill me. :V

Well, he should write on a purely white paper then. With a really black ink. And make veeery high-resolution images. Would make it a lot easier for us. :D

PS. You have diabetes?! :o
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
JanB1
Rear Admiral

Postby Silverware » Mon May 15, 2017 1:07 am

JanB1 wrote:
Silverware wrote:

Well, he should write on a purely white paper then. With a really black ink. And make veeery high-resolution images. Would make it a lot easier for us. :D

No I am saying I'm fat and like to eat sugar. :ghost: It's gonna kill me. :ghost:

He can use any color paper, it's pretty easy to apply filters and contrast, but I would be doing the lines by hand to get them as perfect as possible. :D
Silverware
Vice Admiral

Postby Cornflakes_91 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:10 am

Silverware wrote:Bro, give it your own flare and we are allllll good. :V

Cornflakes_91
Admiral

Postby JanB1 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:56 am

Silverware wrote:No I am saying I'm fat and like to eat sugar. :ghost: It's gonna kill me. :ghost:

Savage! :lol:

Silverware wrote:He can use any color paper, it's pretty easy to apply filters and contrast, but I would be doing the lines by hand to get them as perfect as possible. :D

Of course he could. But it's more work. :ghost:
But I want to use the algorithm of Inkscape to make pictures into vectors. :monkey:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
JanB1
Rear Admiral

Postby IronDuke » Mon May 15, 2017 7:46 am

Silverware wrote:
JanB1 wrote:
Silverware wrote:And the offer to trace it into line art is open, for as long as diabetes doesn't kill me. :V

No I am saying I'm fat and like to eat sugar. :ghost: It's gonna kill me. :ghost:

Moving toward the future at 60 minutes per hour.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick
IronDuke
Rear Admiral

Location: The other end of the weapons barrage that's killing you. :3

Postby Scytale » Mon May 15, 2017 10:47 am

Sounds good you guys. I'd be using india ink (very black - basically soot and water) on the whitest paper I can find. The ink doesn't pool as much as what I usually use and it dries opaque.
Scytale
Vice Admiral

Postby JanB1 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:21 pm

Scytale wrote:Sounds good you guys. I'd be using india ink (very black - basically soot and water) on the whitest paper I can find. The ink doesn't pool as much as what I usually use and it dries opaque.

Perfectly. The sharper the edges, the better! And leave some space between the letters! And don't forget to write all the double/connected letters. :D
Nothing to see here

JanB1
Rear Admiral

Postby Scytale » Mon May 15, 2017 1:26 pm

JanB1 wrote:
Scytale wrote:Sounds good you guys. I'd be using india ink (very black - basically soot and water) on the whitest paper I can find. The ink doesn't pool as much as what I usually use and it dries opaque.

Perfectly. The sharper the edges, the better! And leave some space between the letters! And don't forget to write all the double/connected letters. :D

:D connected letters are my favourite

There will have to be variations and everything. One possible issue is this script has a large variation in letter height due to those huge ascenders and descenders. Don't know how that would work if typed out as a typeface, but YOLO etc
Scytale
Vice Admiral

Postby JanB1 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:28 pm

Scytale wrote:
JanB1 wrote:

:D connected letters are my favourite

There will have to be variations and everything. One possible issue is this script has a large variation in letter height due to those huge ascenders and descenders. Don't know how that would work if typed out as a typeface, but YOLO etc

That shouldn't be a problem. gqpjy also have big variation from standard letters.
Nothing to see here

JanB1
Rear Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to Everything & Anything