Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT forum ART and Hobby Center

Dinosawer wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:17 am
17? Tal's 26 or 27 or something along those lines :P
I was talking about this. He said he was 17 when he made this. Or did I get something wrong there?
Talvieno wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:49 pm
Spoiler:      SHOW
Recorded at roughly 150 passes:
Anyway, I've been informed that what I'm doing is some kind of cross between a neural network and genetic algorithms. And here I thought I was doing my own thing. :lol: I'm not sure to be proud that I re-invented the wheel at 17, or disappointed that all I did was re-invent the wheel. Anyway, was interesting to make. Many challenges and whatever. No external libraries used. :)
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Talvieno wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:24 am
I'm certainly not 17. :P
Yeeeaaah, I knooow that!

Talvieno wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:24 am
The sim I made is just a more polished/advanced version of something I made when I was seventeen, a decade ago.
Ah, that's where I got something wrong. Ok. ^^
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Cornflakes requested that I add sliders to it a while back, so here's that: http://talvieno.com/sims/aigame/aigamecontrol.html

edit:
And I have video of it now, too. :D I put it into two different gens and recorded it after about 2500 iterations. Just shows that they do indeed learn to act quite differently depending on how you set the values.

First gen:
Second gen:
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now