Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT forum ART and Hobby Center

It's been a while since I've uploaded anything here so I might as well put my headset "fix" here. After years of use the micro usb connector used for charging broke.
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image Image
Originally I was going to replace the smd micro usb port but they must have used superglue in addition to solder to hold that thing down. I broke the board....
However I don't really need those pesky data lines do I, all the sound I hear comes from the wireless receiver in the headset. With that in mind I just spliced the power lines up to a usb cable and got rid of those useless data lines, who needs them?
Image Image
Took a little encouragement and plastic welder to hold the can together without any warping in the shape, the usb cord just barely fits. Now I just use an old usb extension cord I had laying around to charge my headset, I'm now calling them Frankenstein and they will last another year or two. Going to make sure of it... :twisted:
Once finals are finished next week and I get some rest I'll give you guys a tour of the bonsai tree I have been building along with some other projects!
The only limit is the one you set.

Long time ago, but...
Time for music!

This month's song is Still Alive from Lisa Miskovsky (the one from Mirror's Edge, not the one from Portal) because the new one just came out and I'm the best at riding the hype and all that.
:ghost:

Relatedly, I've launched a Patreon campaign for my Youtube channel, because it would be fun to earn a bit on the side with this. We'll see if this does any better than youtube ads. :)
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Not sure why you don't want to say it in the thread, but thanks :D It's very likely (read: certain) you'll hear more of this kind of stuff, cause I like making music for the LTFC and this type is something I can do anywhere, without having to record. I found a huge pack of midi instruments recently, so I might explore other styles too. :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now