Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT forum ART and Hobby Center

Dinosawer wrote:That image is so large my music player crashed (on mobile) :lol:
Why all the numbers on the grid though? What kind of image did you start from?
:oops: M'bad.

The numbers are coordinates for the Embark Grid, which breaks up the map into discrete tiles, which govern how a player defines a plot when starting out in fortress mode.
Also included in that large image (but only as a tiny blob of pixels in the extreme top-left) is the Local Grid,
\containing the tiles you see while actually playing Dwarf Fortress-- something I must admit I haven't done in months. :shifty:

Here's the source export (not as big):
Spoiler:      SHOW
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

If those numbers are really necessary, since svg is a text-based file format it shouldn't be too hard to write a little Python script that does all the number placing automatically. :think:
Also, most browsers can display svg directly so you don't really need to turn it into a png I think...
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

All separately by hand? Do you hate yourself? :lol:
Also, no need for converting text to path unless you want to send the svg to someone who doesn't have the don't you used, as it greatly increases file size and prevents you from editing the text further.
There's not much python needed, you essentially need to fill a file with variations on

Code: Select all

<text x="0" y="15" fill="black">1,2</text>
I could probably write something like that in a half hour but I don't have access to my pc for the coming week. :think:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Very awesome, Baile nam Fonn! You already know I think it's coming along nicely though. :P

Here's an updated link to my (non-cheaty) FPS skill trainer. https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnjgzo6gfot18 ... 3.zip?dl=0
Also, the current system of "do X per day to practice and improve" is all guesswork at this point, as I don't have any research backing any of it up... so keep that in mind. :P

edit:
Spoiler:      SHOW
You get points for how fast the target moves, how small the target is, and how recently it spawned. Also for how close your click is to the center of the target. You also get a boost for clicking the target correctly after it changes color, if you do it fast enough. If it changes too fast before you click (like, less than the average human reaction time), then you're forgiven for it. Otherwise you get a penalty for the wrong left/right click.

You lose 32 points for missing and 160 points for a target leaving the area. If you let it sit there you'll be at about -25000 points. Getting to 10000 is easy though.

Also, if you click very quickly between two targets you get a boost that scales based on how far apart they are.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:Today, I made something new.

Happy noises that Josh was back. :D *resurrects this thread*
Gooood. This thread needs my attention.
( This forums are like Phoenix now, that is rising from ashes. What a nice idea for new drawing.)
I̲̩̳̺̩̫n̵̻̘͚͖̗͎ͅ ͢J̜̬̗̦o̩̘̦̪͕͉ͅs͞h̞͘ ̯̹͈͙w̯̙̥e̱͉ ̬̙̘̭̯̦͕t̹͖͔̖͘r͚̠̰͍͚̹ụ̸̭͍͕̯̹̙s̩͓̼̲̲͉̹t̰.̴͈̖͙̜̲

We will never forget the "Heavenly hundred"
Failures lead to success.

Cha0zz wrote:hey Shuul,
How's it going?
Heya, it was craaaaazyyyyy 2 months for me, too much happened indeed (like job promotion, new girlfriend, quite strange vacation etc.)
Now I have just a bit of free time to spend it here and continue with my drawings.
Ill update thread's first post to include all the staff I missed asap, and hoping for more to come :D
edit: I think I need to update my avatar... :squirrel:
I̲̩̳̺̩̫n̵̻̘͚͖̗͎ͅ ͢J̜̬̗̦o̩̘̦̪͕͉ͅs͞h̞͘ ̯̹͈͙w̯̙̥e̱͉ ̬̙̘̭̯̦͕t̹͖͔̖͘r͚̠̰͍͚̹ụ̸̭͍͕̯̹̙s̩͓̼̲̲͉̹t̰.̴͈̖͙̜̲

We will never forget the "Heavenly hundred"
Failures lead to success.

Online Now