Post Your Favorite Sci-Fi Concept Art

Just what it sounds like.

Re: Post Your Favorite Sci-Fi Concept Art

Postby Triggerhappy » Sat May 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Sci-Fi concept art?
I MADE THIS!

Spoiler:      SHOW
Image

http://i.imgur.com/aHZ4XVL.png


ALL THE PIXELS
User avatar
Triggerhappy
Captain
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: The Void

Re: Post Your Favorite Sci-Fi Concept Art

Postby JanB1 » Sun May 14, 2017 2:56 am

How do you make these? :o
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1273
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: Post Your Favorite Sci-Fi Concept Art

Postby Silverware » Sun May 14, 2017 1:21 pm

JanB1 wrote:How do you make these? :o

MSPaint :V
Image
Image
User avatar
Silverware
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2969
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:23 pm
Location: Goattown-Three, Sigma Six, Goat Space

Re: Post Your Favorite Sci-Fi Concept Art

Postby Triggerhappy » Sun May 14, 2017 1:24 pm

Silverware wrote:
JanB1 wrote:How do you make these? :o

MSPaint :V


*slaps Silverware* No! Bad!

Inkscape.
User avatar
Triggerhappy
Captain
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: The Void

Re: Post Your Favorite Sci-Fi Concept Art

Postby Silverware » Sun May 14, 2017 1:42 pm

Triggerhappy wrote:
Silverware wrote:
JanB1 wrote:How do you make these? :o

MSPaint :V


*slaps Silverware* No! Bad!

Inkscape.


Really? You use a vector program for this?

Odd, I would have used MSPaint...
Image
Image
User avatar
Silverware
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2969
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:23 pm
Location: Goattown-Three, Sigma Six, Goat Space

Re: Post Your Favorite Sci-Fi Concept Art

Postby Triggerhappy » Sun May 14, 2017 1:47 pm

I seriously can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. Please tell me if you are not so I can explain exactly why. I hope that's sarcasm though.
User avatar
Triggerhappy
Captain
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: The Void

Re: Post Your Favorite Sci-Fi Concept Art

Postby Silverware » Sun May 14, 2017 3:05 pm

Triggerhappy wrote:I seriously can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. Please tell me if you are not so I can explain exactly why. I hope that's sarcasm though.


I'm not, I mean I understand using Vector for line art. But I would honestly do it as Pixel Art. :V
Image
Image
User avatar
Silverware
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2969
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:23 pm
Location: Goattown-Three, Sigma Six, Goat Space

Re: Post Your Favorite Sci-Fi Concept Art

Postby JanB1 » Sun May 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Triggerhappy wrote:
Silverware wrote:
JanB1 wrote:How do you make these? :o

MSPaint :V


*slaps Silverware* No! Bad!

Inkscape.


All hail the Inkscape. :squirrel:

You see my signatureavatar? Made it with Inkscape too. :D
Last edited by JanB1 on Mon May 15, 2017 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1273
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: Post Your Favorite Sci-Fi Concept Art

Postby 0111narwhalz » Sun May 14, 2017 4:21 pm

I thought you made your signature with a BBCode text editor. :ghost:

Also, who uses those restrictive 2D editors, anyway? Blender all the way! :ghost:
User avatar
0111narwhalz
Commander
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: Post Your Favorite Sci-Fi Concept Art

Postby Silverware » Sun May 14, 2017 4:26 pm

0111narwhalz wrote:I thought you made your signature with a BBCode text editor. :ghost:

Also, who uses those restrictive 2D editors, anyway? Blender all the way! :ghost:


Blender is just a 2D editor with some fancy cheats. :3
I mean, it doesn't produce images that can protrude from the screen. :3
Image
Image
User avatar
Silverware
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2969
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:23 pm
Location: Goattown-Three, Sigma Six, Goat Space

Re: Post Your Favorite Sci-Fi Concept Art

Postby 0111narwhalz » Sun May 14, 2017 5:36 pm

Silverware wrote:
Blender is just a 2D editor with some fancy cheats. :3
I mean, it doesn't produce images that can protrude from the screen. :3

It's not responsible for the limitations associated with "standard" peripherals like a planar monitor. :monkey:
(Also, you're editing 3D objects in 3D space. You're just not displaying them in 3D space.)
User avatar
0111narwhalz
Commander
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: Post Your Favorite Sci-Fi Concept Art

Postby Silverware » Sun May 14, 2017 5:47 pm

0111narwhalz wrote:
Silverware wrote:
Blender is just a 2D editor with some fancy cheats. :3
I mean, it doesn't produce images that can protrude from the screen. :3

It's not responsible for the limitations associated with "standard" peripherals like a planar monitor. :monkey:
(Also, you're editing 3D objects in 3D space. You're just not displaying them in 3D space.)


You are editing pseudo 3D objects, in pseudo 3D space, all rendered all the time in 2D. :V

Until we get holographics it's 2D all the time. :V
Image
Image
User avatar
Silverware
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2969
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:23 pm
Location: Goattown-Three, Sigma Six, Goat Space

Re: Post Your Favorite Sci-Fi Concept Art

Postby 0111narwhalz » Sun May 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Silverware wrote:pseudo 3D

And what makes your 2D objects not pseudo 2D?
User avatar
0111narwhalz
Commander
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: Post Your Favorite Sci-Fi Concept Art

Postby Silverware » Sun May 14, 2017 6:30 pm

0111narwhalz wrote:
Silverware wrote:pseudo 3D

And what makes your 2D objects not pseudo 2D?


The fact that they are always 2D :V

Though technically you could call them simply 1D lists of data, represented in 2D.
But then your 3D objects are too. :V
Image
Image
User avatar
Silverware
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2969
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:23 pm
Location: Goattown-Three, Sigma Six, Goat Space

Re: Post Your Favorite Sci-Fi Concept Art

Postby 0111narwhalz » Sun May 14, 2017 8:55 pm

In that case, why bother with the "pseudo" qualifier at all?
User avatar
0111narwhalz
Commander
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Everything & Anything



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests