Return to “Everything & Anything”

Nice places to live in UK. National Parks?

Hi folks, have posted this in just about every other forum I frequent, and given the quality of folks round abouts maybe I just might get some useful advice!

Am looking to move away from London, and from the way Josh ruminates about Baton Rouge, I quite fancy a UK national park like the Lakes, or Peak District...

Relocating from St Albans, so fortunately my tiny 2 bed flat actually finances a proper home in most places, oh and the Job is mostly conducted from a home office, so no commute to speak of, except for the occasional airport run.

So anyone know places like Buxton, or Kendal? Anywhere similar worth a look?
Re: Nice places to live in UK. National Parks?

Blunderbus wrote:
HowSerendipitous wrote:I always liked Settle up in North Yorkshire. I've only been to Kendal once and all I was interested in was mint cake! :twisted:

Not considered going westwards? it's pretty out Somerset way.
True, thanks but a decent airport needs to be within 2-2 1/2 hours, just can't face driving so far back home after midnight if a flight gets delayed.
Weeell, there's Bristol airport. Not sure how good it is, I remember Southampton being pretty much just a shed in a field.

Oop north, Settle is apparently 29 miles from Leeds, so might be worth your attention.

Online Now