Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Music!

Kawaii metal?

I've always been a fan of the metal scene with female non-screaming leads. The contrast is just always epic. This stuff has also been around for a bit, but leave it to Japan to give it a specific name. :)
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Was on a concert yesterday.

Skalmold
Arkona
Eluveitie

Skalmold was really awesome, good sound, better mood, exhausting moshpit :mrgreen:

Arkona was kinda meh in sum, good mood definitely but they sound canned better for me.
And im not a big fan of their canned version either.

Eluveitie topped skalmold (well, they were the headliner..) in mood and were equal in sound (which was awesome too).
They had a few problems in keeping their flutes in microphone range, though (they used the stand-voice mics for them), but only because they were so hyped that they couldnt really stand still :mrgreen:

[Brag]even catched a plectrum from eluveitie.
must be 13 plecs in sum (or so) :mrgreen:[/brag]

All in all an awesome evening.
Definitely recommended if they come in your reach on their tour :thumbup:

Hopefully your ears don't bleed too much, but I lead the team that does these (we did "Sorairo Days" awhile ago). Yes it's a bit weeb-ish, but I think it's fun that I managed to get the community at hummingbird to come together and do this :P

Hummingbird Sings "Holy Night" (insert song from "Toradora")

I haven't actually seen the show it's from, but they voted to do this :ghost:

P.S. No, I did not do the video or audio editing, my awesome editing team did those :D
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Linialomdil wrote:Hopefully your ears don't bleed too much, but I lead the team that does these (we did "Sorairo Days" awhile ago). Yes it's a bit weeb-ish, but I think it's fun that I managed to get the community at hummingbird to come together and do this :P

Hummingbird Sings "Holy Night" (insert song from "Toradora")

I haven't actually seen the show it's from, but they voted to do this :ghost:

P.S. No, I did not do the video or audio editing, my awesome editing team did those :D
Not bad. :thumbup: :clap:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Online Now