Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Nutrition and Dieting

Just_Ice_au wrote:Typical, a thread about nutrition breaks down into an argument about pancakes.

:lol:
...and then gets split from a topic that was already split.

Are we trying to see how many splits we can do from how off-topic we go? :lol:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:
Just_Ice_au wrote:Typical, a thread about nutrition breaks down into an argument about pancakes.

:lol:
...and then gets split from a topic that was already split.

Are we trying to see how many splits we can do from how off-topic we go? :lol:
Only if they are banana splits.

Mmmmmmm....

DWMagus wrote:My wife ordered her next batch and it should be here in a couple days. Flat, did you ever receive your shipment?
Good grief. No, we remain Soylent-free.

I'd be shocked if she hadn't already pinged them, but maybe it's time to raise the volume. People should receive the products they paid for.

Thanks for the heads-up!
Bullet-Proof Diet

I'm wondering how many people here have heard of or tried the BPD? It's less of a diet and more of a lifestyle, and it was built by a guy named Dave Asprey through years of research on bio hacking. I believe it's the kind of thing you guys would be interested in, and I can't believe I didn't mention it sooner.

I thought of it because Josh's dev log mentioned Diet coke with Lime, and I've recently been reading about how bad diet sodas are for you. If you get into the chemistry, the sweetener commonly found in diet cokes is broken down in Phermaldehyde in your liver. Bad.

Anyways, I thought I would share my drink of choice, which I got from the bulletproof diet. Bullet proof coffee:

You need:
2 Tablespoons of Grass-fed, unsalted butter (Irish Kerringgold butter) or Ghee. Butter is best for newbies as Ghee has a nuttier flavor that is an acquired taste. Ghee is the ultimate goal.
2 Tablespoons of Coconut oil. The more Organic, the better.
Coffee, mans best friend, followed closely by dogs. Use a high quality coffee that's free of mold toxins. You can tell the quality of the coffee by how you feel after the caffeine wears off. If you feel sluggish, it's not good coffee. If you return to normal, it's good coffee. If you French press your coffee then that's even better.

Mix all of these ingredients into a blender and mix them up. It makes a frothy latte type drink that is unbelievably good. Not just that, but it's like a lightning bolt to your brain in the mornings. I have this for breakfast every morning and since I started... Can't even describe it. You have to try it for yourself. Especially you Josh. You may just finish LT ahead of time AND solve world hunger. I cannot stress how beneficial this beverage is to productivity.

The science can be read on Daves blog "the bulletproof executive". I've been doing the coffee for two years now, but am about to start bulletproofing more of my diet because of how well it works. Tl:dr of the blog is:

Short to medium chain saturated fats like those found in butter and coconut oil are the bodies most efficient source of energy. In addition, fats don't cause an insulin spike like sugar, or the cravings that carbohydrates do. Your brain, in fact, is composed primarily of saturated fats. Starting the morning with Bp coffee gives you an immense amount of energy and clarity of mind, while also avoiding food cravings. And, with no insulin spike, there's no crash. contrary to popular myth, saturated fats are the best calories you can eat.

And I have had all my cholesterol, blood sugar, triglycerides and such checked to confirm that this does not create a health risk. All of my tests came back significantly better after I started drinking BP coffee for breakfast.

Just wanted to share this back with you guys.

Flatfingers wrote:
DWMagus wrote:My wife ordered her next batch and it should be here in a couple days. Flat, did you ever receive your shipment?
Good grief. No, we remain Soylent-free.

I'd be shocked if she hadn't already pinged them, but maybe it's time to raise the volume. People should receive the products they paid for.

Thanks for the heads-up!
Just curious if you have received your soylent yet, I'm curious about it but am waiting until someone I know tries it first.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can
Re: Bullet-Proof Diet

MyNameWuzTaken wrote:
Anyways, I thought I would share my drink of choice, which I got from the bulletproof diet. Bullet proof coffee:
Thank you for sharing this :) I was searching for some fast food in the morning, rich in fatty acids without carbs. Beacause i dont have time in the morning to cook, and dont have the possibility to eat on my job. Tried some different food with Butter/Oil, but wasnt able to get it down :D

This coffee has a very good taste. I have another tip, if you are a caffeine junkie like me. You can mix some Guarana powder into your ground coffee. Guarana has more caffeine than coffe and it lasts much longer over the day.

Online Now