Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Telepathy incoming

N-Joy wrote:If you can read all minds, no mind will be special. It will go down as a grey mass. Perhaps finally humanity will be united (because no one is different anymore) and we are going to be better humans. Perhaps we will even evolve to "Borg".
I'm just going to quote Ender's game here:
Orson Scott Card wrote:In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him. I think it’s impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
N-Joy wrote:If you can read all minds, no mind will be special. It will go down as a grey mass.
Why should that happen?

Just because i know what you think that doesnt make me think the same way
IMO it is like with clothes, everyone dresses nearly the same (Yeah there are always exceptions, most of them are freaks :eh: ) even if most of the people think they are unique.
And if you are able to "see" the thoughts of others you'll get used to them and eventually think the same way.
If you hear something is good/bad you'll believe it sometime (oh and that's how propaganda works, btw).
:D

N-Joy wrote:IMO it is like with clothes, everyone dresses nearly the same (Yeah there are always exceptions, most of them are freaks :eh: ) even if most of the people think they are unique.
So if a certain individual prefers to wear a velvet smoking jacket with a t shirt for most of the day is he perfectly normal, slighly/wildly eccentric or a freak, IYO N-Joy? :angel: *chuckle*

I'm just interested to know what is likely to be classified as "freak" in our enlightened times. :mrgreen:

Hyperion wrote:until you wear a kimono with suspenders and a top hat, you are not an individual
Thanks for the top hat Idea, Hyperion. :thumbup: I hadn't considered adding a top hat to my ensemble. I'll give the kimono (presumably a short version) with suspenders a miss though.

However, on the right body I could imagine that would be rather stunning. ;) :mrgreen:

Cold shower time methinks. :lol:

I certainly don't need the zimmer frame, Cornflakes, all these martial arts exercises keep me supple and strong. A lasting legacy my father bestowed on me. Mom encouraged me to brush my teeth and Dad said don't forget to do your exercises. Hence, all my own teeth and I'm still upright without the aid of mobility devices. ;) :P

:think: Hmm...telepathy. No, sorry, there's nothing incoming yet. :(

Online Now