Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Random Rage Thread

Graf wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:29 pm
When no one in the town you moved to can actually drive a car correctly.

I have been almost killed like 4 times from people not being able to drive correctly. It's like after crossing into city limits people spontaneously forget how a 4 way stop works, what turn signals are, why stopping in the middle of the road is bad, or why you shouldnt ramdomly swerve into oncomming traffic. Every time someone almost nails me, that one scene from the first resident evil plays in my head.
You think that's bad? In my town, pedestrians think they have right of way over cars.
Games I like, in order of how much I like them. (Now permanent and updated regularly!)

So, two things happened in London today.

There was this, which according to the BBC is a "small" free speech rally attended by "hundreds" of people:

And there was this, which according to the BBC is a "large scale" protest by "thousands" of people:

And to think, it's compulsory to give money to the BBC in the UK for the privilege of owning a TV that may possibly be used to be exposed to this ridiculous farce. Not even as taxes, you have to pay a flat fee separate to your taxes.

(This is just one of many similar incidents from the BBC, but this one happened today and it's just such obvious lies I had to share it.)
Games I like, in order of how much I like them. (Now permanent and updated regularly!)

DigitalDuck wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:32 pm
And to think, it's compulsory to give money to the BBC in the UK for the privilege of owning a TV that may possibly be used to be exposed to this ridiculous farce.
This is one reason why we threw the television out over twenty years ago. It's great fun when the TV licence pajeros come calling!
Mind you, I fully support the continued existence of the TV licence - it prevents the introduction of an internet tax!
Oolite Naval Attaché

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:34 am
I got caught in a downpour and my phone broke due to water damage. While in my pocket.
:evil:
Well. TIL your phone requirements include "water proof".
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Cody wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:55 pm
Silverware wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:58 pm
New motherboard in, all pieces seated well... same bloody issue! Either PSU or CPU is dead!
Been there, done that - used the t-shirt as an oily rag! Test the PSU? I type this somewhat flippant response through the pain of raging toothache!
Thats what im doing tonight, borrowed my sisters PSU, and will try it with that.
I *DEARLY* hope thats the cause, I dont want to have to replace the fecking CPU as well... sigh.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Yeah, all the hardware is still under warranty.
(NZ Consumer Laws ftw! It's like 3 years minimum on all electronics)

But it turns out its neither CPU, PSU, nor the old Motherboard.
But the M.2 SSD.

I'm not sure what the issue is yet, but with that in it won't boot.
Something to keep an eye out for in future as M.2 becomes more popular thanks to it's, frankly excessive, speeds.
Apparently you won't even get past POST if you only have one disk and it's M.2 and either failed or the slot has failed (slot failure according to research I've done after finding out the issue)
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Online Now