Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Random Rage Thread

So this secretary built a design for a new catalog in Corel Draw. No real issue there.
She packed everything into one ginormous file so (I assume) I must have taken some 3+ minutes just to save or load. (WTF #1)

It broke the 2GB limit of CDR.
Awesome.

Fine, so I repair/recycle what I can.
Have some "repair" software run on the file for 24+ hours. After it completes it tells me that this is the demo version and cannot save files at all.
Sure, I check it's menu for registering info.
Close the prompt and... the file is gone. Would you like to select a file to repair?
Jerks.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Yes Cornflakes, I use Avira or AVG free. Same "problem" with the "want to buy blabla", but pretty happy with them, specially on my 5+ year old laptop, for which 13 or 16 MB als background process could be too much. Avira is a little lighter than AVG, but well...

And yes Gazz, I know that problem in Corel Draw. I also had something similer back then with Photoshop CS2 or 3... But well, my systems always were too obsolete for monster jobs. I was on the limit for workspace and so on. Point is, I lost a couple of files with just the same problem as you... :evil:
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Cornflakes, I have the most beautiful solution to your issue: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2268613, or really any other custom rom. Just careful not to brick your device :). And of course you canjust download whatever launcher floats your boat off of the play store if you're afraid of breaking your phone, and get not just the stock android interface, but basically any interface you want. Huzzah for customizability!
"The chances of getting picked up by another ship within those thirty seconds are approximately 3,720 to 1."
"Never tell me the odds!"
Intentional misquotes are very exciting.

jokegred wrote:Cornflakes, I have the most beautiful solution to your issue: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2268613, or really any other custom rom. Just careful not to brick your device :). And of course you canjust download whatever launcher floats your boat off of the play store if you're afraid of breaking your phone, and get not just the stock android interface, but basically any interface you want. Huzzah for customizability!
i think i just rip the stock rom apart and stick the stock stuffs into it, but thank you :)

as i like stock android as it is very much :)

HowSerendipitous wrote:The 'I'm too lazy to read the FAQ' posts are always locked by the time I see them! :evil:
...and yet even then, they are not locked soon enough. :roll:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

So um, I just found out an aunt of mine was committing tax fraud by using my SSN... Sad when you have to prune the family tree.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Online Now