Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Movies!

IronDuke wrote:The Martian.

I very thoroughly enjoyed this one. :D Among the actors I recognize are Sean Bean who played Boromir in LoTR, the fella who played Bucky Barnes, the feller who was Ant-Man's Hispanic friend, a couple others who looked familiar, and of course Matt Damon.

--IronDuke
Surely you also recognized Jessica Chastain (probably most recognized for major roles in Zero Dark Thirty and Interstellar, as well as Oscar-nominated supporting role in The Help), playing the Mars mission's commander!
I'll confess I tend to confuse her with Bryce Dallas Howard (who played a villainous bigot in The Help), probably because they share the red hair trademark.
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Today I finally saw "Star Wars: Rogue One", great movie.
Spoiler:      SHOW
I was a little sad that in the end, all the main protagonists die a "heroic death", but that final scene with Leia made me so excited. And all the subtle jokes towards the old trilogy. Loved it!
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 -- It's good.
Don't walk out on the credits.
Don't walk out at the mid-point of the credits.
Don't walk out when the credits are nearly done.
You can thank me later. ;)
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Lum wrote:It's a Marvel movie. Of course no one will walk out :lol:
*nods in agreement*

Me and my friends are always making fun of the people who leave early at a Marvel movie. :shifty:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Finally saw Rogue One tonight.

I did not expect the callbacks to certain characters would be so technically outstanding.

I did not expect it would remind me so intensely of how it felt seeing the original Star Wars.

I did not expect the story to be so deftly written.

I did not expect the characters to feel like people instead of PC checkboxes.

I did not expect it to be so much more morally ambiguous than the original, yet still satisfying.

I did not expect the final scene would punch me so hard in the feelz.

I did not expect this movie to be good.

It really is.

Flatfingers wrote:Finally saw Rogue One tonight.

I did not expect the callbacks to certain characters would be so technically outstanding.

I did not expect it would remind me so intensely of how it felt seeing the original Star Wars.

I did not expect the story to be so deftly written.

I did not expect the characters to feel like people instead of PC checkboxes.

I did not expect it to be so much more morally ambiguous than the original, yet still satisfying.

I did not expect the final scene would punch me so hard in the feelz.

I did not expect this movie to be good.

It really is.
The final version of it is very good. And I rate it even better because it must cope with the enormous "we all know what happens in the end"-handicap. We can hope that every single of the antology movies will be this good.
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Victor Tombs wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:15 am
Watched Logan early this morning after finding it in a heap of mail to be sorted.

What can I say, it was everything a film should be. :D

I wasn't expecting so much action from an old man. :angel:
Honestly I found it needlessly gorey, and over the top.

Though at least we have Marvel churning out good movies, the latest Spiderman (Homecoming) is fucking great.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Dinosawer wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:27 pm
:eh: You know the X-Men movies (including Logan) are Marvel movies right?
No, they are *FOX* movies, with the marvel label only because marvel sold the rights to X-Men movies to fox.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now